XS Power

New battery? Extra battery? Bigger alternator?

I simply need to be told what I need before I drive myself insane! I have an 03 lincoln ls, I currently have 2 10" Rockford Fosgate punch P3's wired at 1 ohm to a RF punch P700.. It dims the lights and everything but I don't really mind even though I should... I ordered 2 kicker L7s and an mb quarts Q1500 amp. So about a 2,200 watt system. My car has a 105amp alternator. Will I need a new alternator, new battery, or second battery?? If so what exactly should i be getting?I am a little new to all of this so don't be too harsh if this is a dumb question

I simply need to be told what I need before I drive myself insane! I have an 03 lincoln ls, I currently have 2 10" Rockford Fosgate punch P3's wired at 1 ohm to a RF punch P700.. It dims the lights and everything but I don't really mind even though I should... I ordered 2 kicker L7s and an mb quarts Q1500 amp. So about a 2,200 watt system. My car has a 105amp alternator. Will I need a new alternator, new battery, or second battery?? If so what exactly should i be getting?I am a little new to all of this so don't be too harsh if this is a dumb question

you need an alternator and a second battery

Okay, good to know. How big of an alternator? And how big of a battery?

get an alt that is between 200a to 220a and a xs d3100 or similar. if you are looking to upgrade later i would go with a 350a alt its only a few hundred bucks more

Like I said I am new to this.. What is a decent brand for alternators? I also don't rake in cash, I have looked a little but not sure what brands are good and less expensive at the same time

mechman dcpower or singer. stay away from caps. they are only good for a little amp just upgrade upfront and add a rear one so you have no voltage drop

upgrade ur front batt and put a couple of caps in the rear, if that doesn't solve ur problem upgrade ur alt :D

That wouldn't solve anyones problem. The problem is not enough power and the only thing that creates power is that alternator. Batteries can bandaid the problem, but solving the problem can only be done with an alternator. Your suggested use of caps is off as well.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

upgrade ur front batt and put a couple of caps in the rear, if that doesn't solve ur problem upgrade ur alt :D

he has no problem with what his running now. he is upgrading to a bigger amp so an alt is a must