I have a 2001 hoe with 3053026 tires I was wondering will a 2/3 lowering kit be ok or should I use a 3/5 I don't want a lot of rubbing

pioneer avh-p4200dvd (soon)

Highs amp Zx350.4, zx200.2

4 Kicker Cvx 15 D4

Sub amps (4) Zx1000.1 (need one more)

doors (6)kicker ks 650

Still under construction

I have an 01 Suburban. I put a DJM drop on mine 3" in the front using lower control arms and a 5.5" drop in the rear using TBSS springs, Spohn adjustable panhard bar and a kit to relocate some of the hardware. I dont recall the size of my tires but I went with the biggest that would fit. You can actually fit some pretty big rims with this drop as long as they are the right offset and tire size. Only problem I have is all the weight I have in the rear of my truck actually brought my truck down even more than the 5.5" drop...so if I hit a decent bump or pot hole the panhard bar mount will hit the frame. So far it just makes for a semi rough ride but if I did not have all the stereo equip I would be golden. Quick/cheap fix is to install helper bags in the rear springs. They will stiffen the springs up a bit and they only cost about $80 on Amazon, I have them just not installed yet.

Goto Tahoeyukonforum.com and visit the DJM section in the Vendors area of there forum. There is a guy named Tony on there that will be more than happy to help you further and he has the lowest prices on drop kits for these trucks...if you find a cheaper price somewhere else he will match it and he offers 24/7/365 support by phone, forum and email.

If you have anymore questions for me feel free to ask and I will help as much as I can. Also the guy Tony has done hundreds of installs on GM trucks so he is very knowledgeable about the parts and the installation.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Here are some pics of my truck, The last one was taken just as i finished the install...the torsion bars had not been adjusted nor did it have and alignment so the front was kinda outta wack. The first two are more recent pics. You can see in the second and third pick that the rear wheels are kinda pushed towards the front of the truck...this happens are you lower the vehicle. You can get adjustable trailing arms to correct this as well. They are made by the same company that I got my Panhard bar from, Spohn. I didnt feel that it was necessary. Also when you lower your truck your rear end will shift to the drivers side a little...thats what the adjustable panhard bar corrects. If you dont get it, depending on the size and offset of your rims/tires...the passenger side rear tire can rub. I just rememberd that I also removed the plastic that is in the rear wheel wells because my tires would rub it when I turned..but by the time you lower the truck you cant even tell that its not in there.

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMG_20110320_110754-1.jpg

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.