Dorm room Crescendo help

you could 6 8 ohms speakers, and two tweets. wire them in series/parallel to 8 ohms.

or go with 4 speakers, 4 tweets.

you're gonna need a crossover for the tweets though.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a crossover for the tweets, would this: http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=266-474 work?

Would I need any kind of low or high pass filters for the mids?

Also, would I need 1 crossover per tweeter, or could I use one crossover for a pair of tweeters, as long as the crossover can handle the power?

Edited by LUV bass

2008 Toyota Corolla

-Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs

i would consider a 2 way crossover personally.

i suppose that would work. you'd need 2. one for each set/channel.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

ya, most of the xovers ive got the ohm load is mostly on mid/woofer than tweet,

but a little info about a speakers ohm load is that, the ohm load a speaker u see has is at rest (not moveing) when moveing it gives or takes resistance (goes up in ohm load or down) why theres a set point is that it gives u something to base off of so u got it in your mind where ur at with something so u dont blow up stuff

thats why u hear about "independance rise" while a sub is in a box

but with an amp, depending on your budget ied pick up something like this http://www.audiosavings.com/products/DJ-Professional-Amplifier/TECHNICAL-PRO-1500-WATT-INTEGRATED-DJ-AMPLIFIER-PRE-AMP/RXB503.aspx

its cheap, should do good for what u want, and its not a car amp, should give u a cleaner power output, i mean its not the best ie crown and what knot, but its good for the price

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

So I could wire the speakers to the crossover like that and be safe for an 8ohm amp? Thanks for the amp suggestion too, I think I'll look around at some local pawn shops and see what they have, and if I don't find something I like there, I'll really consider the one you suggested :drink40:

2008 Toyota Corolla

So with this kind of crossover, is it the same as like a car speaker crossover, where you put in a 4 ohm woofer and 4 ohm tweeter and get a final load of 4 ohms?

Except in this case, it would be 8 ohm speakers, and a final load of 8 ohms.

2008 Toyota Corolla

pritty much, but most car crossovers are built a little better and usally take more power

but in some cases, home audio is built a little better, thats why most of em dont need to be lower than 8ohms and dont take much power to get loud

this is different from pa audio tho, my buddy had one hell of a setup in the shop, 2 b&w i think 3ways with 18'' slot ported, horn mid n horn tweet, ran from a realistic 300w 2ch radio and got loud as shit for 150wrms each side, and they take 1000rms each lol,

just make sure ur boxs are good for the speakers, are u useing the pa style mids, and if u want loud ied try either 8's or something, but being its going in ur car after collage i can see where 6&1/2's would work, but the bigger mids aint that much more, and would help to keep up with the super tweets, just my .02

good luck with what ever man, should be a killer party setup, imo ied look at pawnshops and what knot for a powered sub like u would use in a home surroundsound setup to hook up with it to help the bass output

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif