Buying a truck... Ughhhhh...

Does anyone have any good advice to give in regards to dealing with car salesmen? And just general advice when buying?

I've been looking for a 2007-2010 Suburban for THREE months now. I've scoured the market and find great deals occasionally but every time I go to act on it and purchase the vehicle the mother fuckers gone. Then a day later the exact same truck will pop up at another dealership for thousands of dollars more and they refuse to budge on the price... It's irritating at best.

So my question to you car buying veterans is: am I limiting my options too much by going for a black on black? Should I open up the option of other colors and just get it painted? And is this financially a good idea?(no clue how much a good paint job costs, and only bought one vehicle in my life).

Well thanks for any recommendations you guys make!

hold out for what you want. I looked for 6 months before finding my truck and i had literally just told my wife that I wasnt going to bother to keep looking. Pulled into walmart and it was sitting in the lot with a for sale sign in the window.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

hold out for what you want. I looked for 6 months before finding my truck and i had literally just told my wife that I wasnt going to bother to keep looking. Pulled into walmart and it was sitting in the lot with a for sale sign in the window.

Took me a month to find mine and wound up having to drive 2 hours one way to get it. Absolutely love my truck.

yea i would suggest holding out too and dont get one and paint it,it costs a couple grand and theres always chance of them fucking it up.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

I've been holding out but the beast I'm driving now is dying and I ripped the system out to have it ready to trade in.

The only auction in my area is for dealers only so I'm fucked as far as that goes cuz if I don't have a license I'm fucked. And what's worse is cars at auction they come "as is" so you're not allowed to start it. It could have check engine or blown transmission and you never know....

I'm just sort of depressed cus every time I'm about to grab one they wholesale it or sell it off before I can get down there.

Thanks for the advice on the painting, I figured it was a bad idea.

Kinda missed the black on black part.. too long didn't read at first..

My philosphy is this, if you get a "kid" looking vehicle, it's already been driven by a "kid" . catch my drift? get a black truck, and change the other parts out to black on your own. no paint needed, just easy to buy accessories.

Kinda missed the black on black part.. too long didn't read at first..

My philosphy is this, if you get a "kid" looking vehicle, it's already been driven by a "kid" . catch my drift? get a black truck, and change the other parts out to black on your own. no paint needed, just easy to buy accessories.

Yeah I planned on doing that but the trims in the new style Burbabs are two toned. So I'd have to literally change everything from the dash back top to bottom. Would just be an epic PITA.