Sonic Electronix

Ok, so if mine was tested on the newest AC meter with nothing else done to it, no mods at all, and it read 141.7 bd...with the mic hanging from the rearview mirror. What do you think the termlab would read??? The 141.7 was done on the day the sub was installed, now it's had two weeks for that oh-so-important break in period. Just wanting to know before I get it done. I have a single cab Silverado if that helps in determining anything such as meter placement and sound quality.

If this thread sounds like I'm not making any sense...it's cause I took my meds new meds for the first time and I'm pretty doped up right now. LoL.....soma, neurontin, and tramadol are pretty good. Now before you think I'm just some drug addict.....I was in a pretty bad head on wreck last year and have nerve damage in my back and right hip (50 mph with seatbelt on and no airbag deployment)...so I need these meds for severe pain relief....Just wanted to get that out there before someone bashes me for taking those meds.

Anyways, I can't wait to see your truck man....It'll prolly help my back out some too with all the vibrations...LoL.

When will it be done?

u have ne pix of it? if so make a new thread up.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

meter placement should be either on the dash or outlaw style in the kick panel... hanging from the mirror may get you bashed if you start braggin

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 2 weeks later...

I was just askin...not braggin. That was how the owner of the shop I was at in Texas put it in there. I didn't know any better at the time. At a shop in Sioux Falls, where the guys actually knew what they were doing, it hit 143db on a Termlab with the sensor in the floor. That was at 33hz too. How can I tune it some to get a few more db out of it???

I was just askin...not braggin. That was how the owner of the shop I was at in Texas put it in there. I didn't know any better at the time. At a shop in Sioux Falls, where the guys actually knew what they were doing, it hit 143db on a Termlab with the sensor in the floor. That was at 33hz too. How can I tune it some to get a few more db out of it???

lol never said you were braggin but i was just giving you a heads up... alot of peeps do stupid shit to only get bashed later so i wanted to let you know b4 shit hit the fan (in case you didnt know)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Yeah, I'd like to avoid as much bashing as possible. I've learned that the AC ain't worth crap compared to a TL. The shop I got my stuff from has a 280Z as their demo car, when they put the same sub I have into that car, with a Planet Audio 1200D....It hit 145.7 db, but what I don't really get is I heard that AC meters usually read higher than TL meters. If this sub in a car, with more power going to it, measured 145.7 on an AC meter, shouldn't it have been higher than that since it was an AC meter??? I'm hittin 143 in a single cab truck with 550w going to it. Just a lil confused here...Can anyone help me understand this better???

its not that they always read higher.....its more like you can hardly get the same score from two different AC meters on two different days.  For instance you go compete saturday at X Show, you do a 150.  You drive to the next show on sunday, dont change a damn thing, dont turn a damn screw, nothin.......now you got a 147  >:(  So your like WTF......a few weeks goes by, you hardly do any changes if ANY and you go to another contest and do a 155 LOL.  Thats the biggest problem IMO. 

On average though i would say the AC mic is about 4-8db up on the TL but you never know because one turn of the calibration knob on the actual meter itself and you can get just about any score really. 

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916