So my EVO came with a wall charger that you plug your USB cord into to charge. My original USB cord just kinda got wore out so I bought two from Monoprice to replace it. One for the house and one for the truck. In my truck I have a charger that you also plug your USB into. Anyway when I charge my phone in the house with the wall charger it charges fine, but when I plug the USB into my computer or into my car charger it does not charge at all...funny thing is when I do plug it into the computer or the car charger the phone comes on and lights up just like its charging...even the battery icon on the screen shows it charging. Never had this issue before, any ideas?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

• 4 weeks later...

When you say you are having charging issues can you be a little more specific?

** Is your issue that the battery status bar doesnt go up and down? If so then your battery isnt messed up... I had the same issue for awhile until i realized that the battery charge indicator doesnt begin to move until you get to a certain percentage of battery charge

Hope this helps if that's the issue you were having

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest doing a master reset on the device. Your carrier, Sprint I am assuming, will most likely do this first to clear out any chance of a software issue. You may also want to check for software updates.

It could also be the USB cords you are using. If your phone has ever been wet before, there could be corrosion on the board causing the device to malfunction.

If worse comes to worse, and assuming you have Sprint, you can always take your phone to a full service Sprint store and have their technicians take a look at the device. If you have Sprint's $8/month insurance, it should be covered (unless they find physical or liquid damage, then it's $100 for a new one). If you don't have their insurance then it's $35 as long as there is no physical or liquid damage.

2002 Honda Civic

(Current)

HU: JVC KD-X50BT (Replaced Pioneer 6800 that came with it)

All stock w/ 3 working speakers. Ya!!!

Currently cleaning up someone elses mess

(In the works)

M&H: HAT Imagines

Amp: Orion 8004

Sub: Unsure

Knukonceptz Wiring

SS Deadener (on its way! yay!)

Warning: that master reset will wipe everything back to the day you got it, soake sure your stuff is backed up.

2002 Honda Civic

(Current)

HU: JVC KD-X50BT (Replaced Pioneer 6800 that came with it)

All stock w/ 3 working speakers. Ya!!!

Currently cleaning up someone elses mess

(In the works)

M&H: HAT Imagines

Amp: Orion 8004

Sub: Unsure

Knukonceptz Wiring

SS Deadener (on its way! yay!)

my galaxy S 2 Skyrocket had charging problems. Must use only the factory charger and wall socket that was included. Suppose to be an update sometime this week for mine that fixes that. Mine would say 100% charged or it wouldn't charge. Always check the output of the charger and compare it to stock one.

USB 2.0 has 500mA @ 5 Volts.

PS: Even if the charger was underrated compared to the factory socket it would cause this issue , MUST be exactly what the one included is.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread but im bringing it back by saying ive had issues too. I have to now lay my phone a certain way so it wont move and put the charger in just right and lay something on the cord so it doesnt move to keep it charging. Also the battery life has gone to hell and I mean it has went so bad it is ridiculous.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Do you have warranty on it ? i bought phone insurance from now on. sounds like a bad cord or a connecting port

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who has an Evo 4G, this is a known issue, and whether you have TEP or not, they will replace it for free if you don't have any signs of water damage... I used to work for Sprint, and people came in all the time because of this and they have to replace it...

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me