Second Skin Audio

external porting>?

OK I think I have corrected the bits you guys were on about have also changed material thickness to 2" all round. the only thing not accounted for is there will be a 1" diameter steel bar front to rear internally for bracing which should take it down to bang on 12cuft so six cuft each which is spot on what DC recc, obviously the top panel the port is sat on will only have a 4" gap at the back couldn't draw that in sketch up as I am not so good with it!.

Thanks again for any help.

JJ

box2img.jpg

box2.jpg

Edited by JJ.

Alpine 9855r

2 x DC AUDIO LVL 4 18"

2 x Hybrid Audio Technologies L8

2 X Hybrid Audio Technologies L3

2 X Hybrid Audio Technologies L1 PRO

1 x SAZ 4500D

2 X SAX 50.4

AudioControl Matrix + AudioControl Epicentre 160

8 X hawker genesis deep cycle batteries

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need 2 inch thick wood for these subs. a 2 inch think baffle, sure, but make it .75 mdf or birch and build a smaller box. make your flares with concrete forms. it will be much easier

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the port length includes the part that's external, you're just telling the program how much of the 24" port is external...

the holes for the subs can't be that big. you have to account for the outer mounting ring which adds approximately .75" to the diameter of the sub (the actual number should be listed on DC's site)

your output is going to suck if the box is tuned to 28 hz. you don't need to tune THAT low unless this is a home theater box.

30-35 hz should be good for daily and still drop lows

it looks like there's 3 common port walls based on the sketchup model, but the port width needs to be 36.5" width.

If you're running 4500 watts to these subs i sure as hell hope you've got good electrical and you tune the system right. i'm not even sure they can take a 4500

lastly, since you're running so much power to the subs, you at least need to double up on the baffle, and some bracing wouldn't hurt either.

disagree. friend of mine has 2 lvl5 18's tuned at 28 in a tahoe and he moves plenty of air and still hits high 49's.

disagree. friend of mine has 2 lvl5 18's tuned at 28 in a tahoe and he moves plenty of air and still hits high 49's.

you don't have to tune low to get low.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

wouldnt know. his daily music is all slowed. like super slowed.

however i was disagreeing only with the comment about the output sucking.

You put a couple level 5 18's in a car with the power they deserve and they're going to get loud regardless, but they have more potential if they have a higher tuned box

regardless. i'd rather not start an argument here. let's move on.

gotta fix the box, bud

Edited by 412 CVX

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

My feeling is if you tune it around mid 30's you'll get the best of all worlds with being able to hit the low notes and able to reach your cabin's RF and sound incredible but the choice is yours since it is your time, materials and work involved.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

EDIT: Since i had a double post i thought i would come up with something, might be able to tweak from here if it doesn't work out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/SkullznXBones/box1.jpg[/img]"]http://box1.jpg

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2