Sundown Audio

Amp tuning by ear...

michael_woodworth2000

eh, just leave the group, problem solved... let dumb people be dumb, eventually they will die and problem solved

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh, just leave the group, problem solved... let dumb people be dumb, eventually they will die and problem solved

I know but i feel the need to TRY and talk some sense into them , maybe its just me . meh

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

you will learn, stupidity cant get rid of by 99% of the world... its like kicking a dead horse and expecting a unicorn to appear and UFOs to beam you up to the moon, it will just never happen.

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you will learn, stupidity cant get rid of by 99% of the world... its like kicking a dead horse and expecting a unicorn to appear and UFOs to beam you up to the moon, it will just never happen.

Im using that in my SIQ !! i also quoted steve :rofl:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

yo mike im with u i wanna get since into them and like they said put a system on a meter before and after dd-1 but notice when i offer they talk about some other bs

Pioneer AVIC F900BT double din

Stinger digital volt meter on dash

1/0 guage power wire positive and negative

Interstate 117ah battery in the back

2 runs 4 guage power wire from rear battery to amp

Power Acoustics Stax 5500

4 Powerbass m-15's(old style)

2 sets o2 5.25 inch components in front

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

just a question about the dd-1, since it checks ur system without anything hooked to it ( or most do it this way), if your electrical aint up to par where the dd-1 set it to, could voltage drop cause distortion?

or does a dd-1 have some sort of ohm load on it to help with this? cause i know with some amps thd goes up the lower ohm load u go to if electrical aint to par

and when is tony gunna release the amp dyno? would be cool to see what an amp does when its set to par with the dd-1 to see how much power u can get cleanly vs the ear o meter shit

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I guess ric at pulse car audio doesnt know what hes doing, i mean he only built trippis hummer, and has a ton of other loud cars all over 155s under his name....

Team DC Audio

just a question about the dd-1, since it checks ur system without anything hooked to it ( or most do it this way), if your electrical aint up to par where the dd-1 set it to, could voltage drop cause distortion?

or does a dd-1 have some sort of ohm load on it to help with this? cause i know with some amps thd goes up the lower ohm load u go to if electrical aint to par

and when is tony gunna release the amp dyno? would be cool to see what an amp does when its set to par with the dd-1 to see how much power u can get cleanly vs the ear o meter shit

Dont quote me but i think low voltage causes clipping and/or distortion , let someone else answer that

Dont quote me but i think low voltage causes clipping and/or distortion , let someone else answer that

figured as much, still gives u something to by, i dont like the whole "setting by ear" or by w/e number u get on a dmm, i set mine by ear but i dont try to go full tilt tho, to many damn settings on my headunit, i'll try n get a dd-1 tho =)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

edit: I just realized that was quote worthy. Feel free to use. LOL (is it ok to quote myself in my sig?) :D

i hear that! both the shops that are here in my area tune by ear. i have corrected more then one system they have install. i run a small shop and tune by o-scope. an people that do their own installs have come to me because they know its not right until its right! so im not big shop but im better then the rest. LOL as for your quote steve......you can't. that is like giving yourself a nickname. someone else has to do it. then you just accept it and reuse.

I tried tuning amp by ear or with dmm, but it was much different from O-scope.

Is it possible to add more options to DD-1? :) like build in dmm, clamp meter, ect.

the dd-1 has an add on. its called the cc-1.

NEUMAN

Archived