Sundown Audio

Amp tuning by ear...

michael_woodworth2000

I love my dd-1 before i had a dd-1 one of my buddy's jake1993 as hes know on smd would do my tuning by ear now i tune his with my dd-1 and the sound quality is so much better and in some instances better spl as well its an amazing product and ur tool box is never complete without one

Pioneer AVIC F900BT double din

Stinger digital volt meter on dash

1/0 guage power wire positive and negative

Interstate 117ah battery in the back

2 runs 4 guage power wire from rear battery to amp

Power Acoustics Stax 5500

4 Powerbass m-15's(old style)

2 sets o2 5.25 inch components in front

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

http://www.facebook....67262216706680/

A couple local guys say they can tune there amps my ear 100% distortion free. They think a dd-1 or o scope is a waste of money. I want to know if it is posible for the ear to pick up every bit of distortion. Here is link to the convo. The convo is the comments on the black sub box with 50+ comments.

Setting by ear never works. I remember not being satisfied with my system for a while because I set it by ear. I was constantly stopping, pulling over and trying to re tune it. It just never worked by ear. After I learned how to calculate how much voltage I should be using and started using my multimeter I felt a lot better, my system sounded better and my system was definitely louder. I just got my dd-1 and cc-1 in the mail today and can't wait to give them a try and see what improvements I notice. Too bad I don't have a legit meter so I can have a before and after measurements.

Yeah, I know that feeling of having to re-tune the amp over and over again, it gets really annoying. I'm gonna see if my teacher will let me borrow his digital multimeter, and see if that'll make a difference for me.

I'm pretty sure it will. It's the best affordable option until you get a dd-1. Multimeters aren't that expensive though. I think you could buy one for about 5 bucks.

Walmart has them for a little as $10.

Pioneer AVIC F900BT double din

Stinger digital volt meter on dash

1/0 guage power wire positive and negative

Interstate 117ah battery in the back

2 runs 4 guage power wire from rear battery to amp

Power Acoustics Stax 5500

4 Powerbass m-15's(old style)

2 sets o2 5.25 inch components in front

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

I love my dd-1 before i had a dd-1 one of my buddy's jake1993 as hes know on smd would do my tuning by ear now i tune his with my dd-1 and the sound quality is so much better and in some instances better spl as well its an amazing product and ur tool box is never complete without one

lmao i love ur dd-1. I hated tunning by ear.

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

This gave me a good laugh. LOL

• Chris Shaffer Did Steve Meade say that you need a DD-1 to set your system bc he is a joke.
    9 hours ago via mobile
  • 41411_1577889379_618_q.jpg
    Isaac Achenbach how is he a joke?
    8 hours ago
  • 49116_100002380708847_390165269_q.jpg
    Chris Shaffer He's not loud just plays low bass and shakes stuff. If it was really loud he wouldn't be running a flip out in the dash it would be on a cord standing outside the drivers door. I've built loud where the cd player in the dash flew apart and landed on the passenger floor. That's loud! An Isuzu Amigo with 4 pb 2xl 15s on a pb xa4000.

THOSE GUYS ARE IDIOTS.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

Im pretty good.

Hell i think im really good.

I cant get super close but still nowhere near when im using my dd1.

Just makes it so perfect. Every single time.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived