Sonic Electronix

audio technix sound deadening

I'm going to going to be deadening my truck and I've seen a lot of people on here use audio technix, so i researched them out and i was wondering, is there a noticeable difference in the 60 mils to the 80 mils deadening ability? Thanks a lot for your input!

During my own testing/measuring, since both products come in rolls and the butyl is extremely "gummy" and soft, the 60 and 80 mil products were inconstantly thick due to them getting rolled up. I was getting measurements anywhere from as low as upper 30s to low 70s for each product.

IF and I mean IF I was forced to pick one, I'd save my money and just get the 60 mil version. But I would HIGHLY suggest and recommend looking elsewhere. There are a ton of high quality, well priced products out there that are not "rolled".

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Gee imagine the SS rep telling you to buy something else, wonder what product that would be.

AT stuff works great, several guys on my team have used it...

are you serious?

He has never recommended solely second skin, i can't even remember him recommending SS.

There are a lot of better alternatives out there, audiotechnix is inferior to quiete a few products, SS not included.

SDS is great sounddeadening, just like Second skin, even stinger has better deadening.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

thats y i bought second skin!

because john gives a honest answer no matter the product, and NO BIAS

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

I've used SS , Dynomat, Fat Mat, AT, and the elemental designs edead, out of them all, best cost to square foot ratio, is Audio Technix, which is why I decided to use it moRe square foot less money.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Gee imagine the SS rep telling you to buy something else, wonder what product that would be.

AT stuff works great, several guys on my team have used it...

Did I say Second Skin? No. I said look elsewhere because the quality of this product is not up to my personal or our company standards and I would NOT recommend it. Heck there isn't a single product that comes on a roll that I would recommend and for various reasons.

I am glad several guys on your team have used it and they are happy with the product... however I would like to ask what other brands or products have they used in the past? Typically the answer is Peel & Seal, FatMat, or no previous product.

If you want a list of products that I have tested/installed/used and would recommend, it's actually a short list.

- SDS Tiles

- Stinger RoadKill Expert

- Dynamat (the industry standard is still a good product)

- HushMat Ultra (a bit on the thin side, great for lightweight applications)

- DEI BoomMat

And of course our line of products...

Again, msmith I would suggest shopping around and comparing for yourself and even contact several of the companies to gain some insight into their products.

And thank you guys for seeing my unbiasedness, I try to be as transparent as possible.

usa_render4.png

But its still better than P&S right?

Well it doesn't contain asphalt and actually has a foil layer, so yeah. lol

usa_render4.png

Archived