Sonic Electronix

Well first Kicker is not really that overpriced you look hard enough you can find it for the right price. Second just like with any other brand Kicker has nuthuggers same goes for most mainstream companies including JL and RF to name a few. Kicker does what it does it beats it is a decent woofer and if incorporated in the right setting will bang. The only thing I don't like about Kicker is the fact that they have Internet Dealers and offer the same price to everyone. You can't really find a deal and it cuts profits for anyone who wants to be a local dealer. Aside from that Kicker can get the job done in the right hands, most noobs will flock to Kicker simply because it's a name to call out.

P.S. I hear almost everyday I spend my free time at my dads shop and I do installs here and there and for the most part the shop owner has already said his best selling product is Kicker and Power Acoustik, why? because those who are ignorant to the fact that better can be had for less will only buy what they know. When they here Kicker subs in a trunk and it is loud they want it plain and simple. I am just as sick of hearing about it as anyone else and it is probably the reason I am doing a Kicker system in my Tahoe, if not for anything else to prove a point and win a bet.

Well like I said, I'm not bashing Kicker by any means, I used to run 2 L7 15's.... I just hate the fact how kids with NO real knowledge of car audio think if they have a Kicker comp 12 in a prefab box, it will automatically beat your system just because of the simple fact, that "its kicker".

:rofl: heard that plenty of times. Hell when I got my 8 so many people laughed at omg an 8 is only for midbass until I took that 8 (btw bought it and the spider was ripped) through 1000w at it and that bish knocked now they know sundown and will soon know dc it's easy to hush the naysayers just put your car audio where your ears is.

also goes to prove that the right box makes allll the difference ;)

my buddy decided that he was sick of his stock system and hit me up for a cheap first system. he only spent about 400 bucks for everything. couple of 8's on only 500 watts. i built a nice box for him and he gets asked all the time if he has 12's in the back.

made me proud to say the least.

Just say no to prefab!

I agree... You go wrong every time with prefab boxes.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Well first Kicker is not really that overpriced you look hard enough you can find it for the right price. Second just like with any other brand Kicker has nuthuggers same goes for most mainstream companies including JL and RF to name a few. Kicker does what it does it beats it is a decent woofer and if incorporated in the right setting will bang. The only thing I don't like about Kicker is the fact that they have Internet Dealers and offer the same price to everyone. You can't really find a deal and it cuts profits for anyone who wants to be a local dealer. Aside from that Kicker can get the job done in the right hands, most noobs will flock to Kicker simply because it's a name to call out.

P.S. I hear almost everyday I spend my free time at my dads shop and I do installs here and there and for the most part the shop owner has already said his best selling product is Kicker and Power Acoustik, why? because those who are ignorant to the fact that better can be had for less will only buy what they know. When they here Kicker subs in a trunk and it is loud they want it plain and simple. I am just as sick of hearing about it as anyone else and it is probably the reason I am doing a Kicker system in my Tahoe, if not for anything else to prove a point and win a bet.

Well like I said, I'm not bashing Kicker by any means, I used to run 2 L7 15's.... I just hate the fact how kids with NO real knowledge of car audio think if they have a Kicker comp 12 in a prefab box, it will automatically beat your system just because of the simple fact, that "its kicker".

:rofl: heard that plenty of times. Hell when I got my 8 so many people laughed at omg an 8 is only for midbass until I took that 8 (btw bought it and the spider was ripped) through 1000w at it and that bish knocked now they know sundown and will soon know dc it's easy to hush the naysayers just put your car audio where your ears is.

also goes to prove that the right box makes allll the difference ;)

my buddy decided that he was sick of his stock system and hit me up for a cheap first system. he only spent about 400 bucks for everything. couple of 8's on only 500 watts. i built a nice box for him and he gets asked all the time if he has 12's in the back.

made me proud to say the least.

Just say no to prefab!

A little marketing goes a long way :good: I didn't catch it at first but yeah that box made a huge difference.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

The only thing more annoying than die hard Kicker fanatics are the million posts complaining about them. We all know at least ONE person who believes a brand to be the end all sub/amp. The truth is, there isn't one.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

damn....i hate kicker....when they were in a prefab....but i loved them in a vented box with 38HZ tuning....they slamed..+they are cheap

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I agree.... the only reason it really pisses me off is bc I'm so tired of how we work our asses off for our systems, just to have dumbasses who are completely ignorant talk trash on our systems when they don't even know how hook up an amp, and bought their system with a prefab box and hooked up for them lol

Why do you care what a 17-year-old thinks?

I am 17 and im no professional but i know my car audio soo dont stereo type by age, just saying

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

I agree.... the only reason it really pisses me off is bc I'm so tired of how we work our asses off for our systems, just to have dumbasses who are completely ignorant talk trash on our systems when they don't even know how hook up an amp, and bought their system with a prefab box and hooked up for them lol

Why do you care what a 17-year-old thinks?

I am 17 and im no professional but i know my car audio soo dont stereo type by age, just saying

Well I'm 17 also, And I agree with you on the age thing but I think he was just getting at the fact we shouldn't let it get to us when another teenager (or any other person for that matter) tries to trash talk about how they have the best, when they're completely ignorant about car audio.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

i have two cvr 15s in 8.5 tuned to 40hz and they do just fine for now i no they are not the top dog but they work for what i got when the cash comes up they r gone ive never bragged bout one brand being better then another just my thoughts

Trust me, I'm definitely not bashing Kicker, I think they make a pretty good product... I just hate the hype that comes with their product by people who don't know about car audio and just think they automatically have the "world's loudest system" bc their local audio shop hooked them up with a kicker comp 10" in a prefab on 200 watts lol. That's the only thing I was getting at.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

I agree to this people bash other brands just because they have not heard of them. Which is wrong, but it's the same weather it is a car, computer,etc anything. Myself I own kicker I got a great deal on my subs and everything It does what I want it to do. Not saying they are the best because they aren't but still.

Archived