UPOL Fribre Tech reenforced filler.

Rage Gold filler.

A metric shit ton of sandpapers.

Primers.

Vinyl.

Paint.

Imagination.

A respirator will help also.

Now, my question are, if I'm going to wrap my C pillar in fabric, do I need to use body filler?

After wrapping my C pillar with fabric and apply fiberglass on it, do I still need to add fiberglass mat and glass it again?

What type of sandpaper do I need to use?

Where can I purchase wrapping material that will match my current one, or something close to it?

Thanks

Now, my question are, if I'm going to wrap my C pillar in fabric, do I need to use body filler?

After wrapping my C pillar with fabric and apply fiberglass on it, do I still need to add fiberglass mat and glass it again?

Where can I purchase wrapping material that will match my current one, or something close to it?

Thanks

I suppose you don't have to use body filler, but it makes it soo much easier to get smooth. Even if you are wrapping you still want a smooth surface underneath.

Add fiberglass and mat until it is strong enough.

What do you mean what type? The grit?

Can't help you there, sorry :(

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

After reading thru this section I found what I need to do a custom C-pillar

Thanks

Gonna try to tackle a few things extra along with answering your questions.

When wrapping your pillars and resining them, that is NOT fiberglassing. That is making the mold of the pillars with speaker rings.

You HAVE to add mat to the rsined material or it will be brittle. In most cases, you need to wait for the first resin coat to cure hard before adding the mat. It just helps you to work all the air bubbles out and get a smoother lay.

Get some 40grit and some 80grit sand paper for pieces that your going to wrap.

Start sanding the fiberglass with the 40 grit till it is looking poretty even all around. Then you will want to add a layer of filler.

You can shape it and knock down rough areas with the 40grit and then fine tune it with the 80grit. You may need to do several coats to get all low spots filled.

You HAVE to get the low spots and the high spots all even or it WILL show up once wrapped. Only material that hides bigger imperfections is carpet. And when I see custom pieces covered in carpet that aren't a piece that needs to be carpeted, I know their finishing skills need improvong.

As for the wrapping material you need to match your current vehicles look, you will need to look up an auto upholstery shop in your area. They will be able to match your colors and grain damn near perfectly.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

• 2 weeks later...

good info and tips! Looking forward to seeing those glassed c-pillars.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp