Second Skin Audio

Astro 6 15s 4th order wall Help

Getting situated here with my money, but trying to get seriously low with as little money/power as possible.

The Plan:

6 American Bass XO 15s

Sundown SAZ 3000

Excessive Amperage 200a alt

2 C&DUPS12-540MR batteries

As for the 4th order. This will be my first, and my first wall as well. I would appreciate it so so much if some of the experts would view this and help me out here. I'm trying to get a ground pounder that is as low as possible. I am NOT after burps, I'd much rather shake my vehicle apart and make hair fly. So please, If your experienced in building walls/4th orders especially, can you help me out.

Ive been playing around with WinISD and cant come up with anything too crazy but compared to the ported. Ive done nothing but research on 4th orders for about a week and I guess I'm just missing something. Unless I make my numbers absolutely ridiculous I cant get a curve that looks desirable. The reason I'm wanting XO's is their fs. But is my goal achievable with that Sub? or am I just being silly by thinking that factor alone will make for a ultra low setup?

Specs on the box are in the picture. On the right there is the ported box I have mocked up to compare to the 4th order on the right. 45 cubes is a bit large sounding though for net volume. I'll keep plugging and taking suggestions. thanks

Edit: For lower tuning, shouldn't the sealed side be the large half? This is what I have heard at least.... also what kind of port tuning should I shoot for? I'm getting very peaky curves that are not looking so good in the upper 20s, which is where I want things to be strong still. Anything in the 28-40 hz region is where I want my meat and taters spl to come from.

Edited by Notoriousj76

how about this one?

compare2.png

More reasonable looking curve and volumes. Cabin gain picks up around 50 so it should still be fairly balanced.

Edit: The box rise says that I'll be rising to almost 4 ohms at 32 hz.... will this make cut all my power at that freq?

Edited by Notoriousj76

Good luck to you- wish I could help, but I know SQUAT on Bandpass. Theory yes, practice no. I never could get anything to model right when using Bass Box Pro so I said forget it.

I know there are folks on here that have Big Bandpass experience. :ph34r:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Good luck to you- wish I could help, but I know SQUAT on Bandpass. Theory yes, practice no. I never could get anything to model right when using Bass Box Pro so I said forget it.

I know there are folks on here that have Big Bandpass experience. :ph34r:

yeah me and colin just draw it out on paper and say YA THATS BOUT BIG ENOUGH and just build that bitch to fit in the car :crazy:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

• 1 month later...

Try this and see what happens. 2cubes per sub for 12cubes. 24cubes on the ported side tuned somewhere between 40-45Hz.

The sealed section develops the lower frequencies and the ported section develops the high end frequencies. You could, possibly, bring up the sealed to 2.5 or 3cubes per sub, but keep the ported section doubled (2.5 x 6 would be 15, so 30 ported. 3 x 6 would be 18, so 32 ported).

That's about as far as I, perosnally, would take it.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia