Horrible alternator noise.

Hopefully you didn't blow the fuse in the head unit. I did it to mine by unplugging the headunit while it was on.

i never said anything was wrong with my headunit lol. dont let stuff ground out on other stuff and your golden .

Headiing out to the car to do some work now, ill post back asap

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Had a similar problem it turned out to be the rca's. I read through the post and you said you checked the rca's. My noise was from the h/u because I hot swapped rca's and blew the pico fuse on the h/u. Before you take all of the stuff out I would ground the RCA terminals on the back of the h/u. It's usually happens to pioneer h/u from what I read and what causes it is when you hot swap RCA. Lesson I learned don't hot swap lol:).

1993 Full Size Blazer

Pioneer 7200HD

AQ 90x4

AQ 3500.1

Big Three 0/1

DC Power 270xp

2 DC Audio 15" XL M2

85 SQ feet of Audio Technix deadner

Sound Stream BX-20z epicenter

Front 4x6 Polk DB

Doors 2 sets Polk MM 6501

Rear Polk MM 5401

All Stinger HPM wiring

Also like to ask does the noise get louder if you rev the engine?

1993 Full Size Blazer

Pioneer 7200HD

AQ 90x4

AQ 3500.1

Big Three 0/1

DC Power 270xp

2 DC Audio 15" XL M2

Front 4x6 Polk DB

Rear Polk MM 5401

All Stinger HPM wiring

the noise didnt get louder as you revd but it did get louder exponentially to a point where you just turn everything off. Good news though I just went out to the car turned it on and went for a quick test drive for my mids and the noise is completely gone. WTF? oh well its gone though! thanks for the help guys

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

That's great to hear but weird that it just went away. None the less good to hear

1993 Full Size Blazer

Pioneer 7200HD

AQ 90x4

AQ 3500.1

Big Three 0/1

DC Power 270xp

2 DC Audio 15" XL M2

Front 4x6 Polk DB

Rear Polk MM 5401

All Stinger HPM wiring

Well it came back but its not as bad, I got mu ass kicked with a nasty cold that has been going around here so I didn't get a chance to ground my rcas I think that should do it

alternator noise is getting worse, this shit is extremely frustrating, i grounded my rcas and the problem got worse, moved the amp ground and used a brand new wire and terminal im using stinger pro OFC wire so i know that isnt my problem. What makes me really frustrated is the fact that i had my alternator noise licked before i got my dd1.

another update, i ditched the cadence eq and connected my rca's directly to my headunit. I reset my gains at the same HU volume i used track 6. It sounded alright sitting with the car off but once i turned it on and took it for a drive and the noise came right back this is really pissing me off. I have tried setting my gains with every track( with in reason) still getting the noise. I have checked every single rca cable, EVERY power wire, speaker wire has triple checlked. WTF??? im really starting to regret this dd1 purchase.

Archived