Horrible alternator noise.

DD-1 didn't add noise or create your problem. What you need to do is find out where the noise is coming from.

*Make sure all equipment is OFF when unplugging RCAs or doing any work to them

Unhook RCAs from the amp and see if you still have the noise. Still have noise then it's an amp problem. If not then work your way back to the H/U until the noise is gone. Where the noise stops, there is your problem. Then you just have to figure out what exactly about that piece of equipment is doing to cause the noise. Probably a grounding issue somewhere.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DD-1 didn't add noise or create your problem. What you need to do is find out where the noise is coming from.

*Make sure all equipment is OFF when unplugging RCAs or doing any work to them

Unhook RCAs from the amp and see if you still have the noise. Still have noise then it's an amp problem. If not then work your way back to the H/U until the noise is gone. Where the noise stops, there is your problem. Then you just have to figure out what exactly about that piece of equipment is doing to cause the noise. Probably a grounding issue somewhere.

Do you see where im coming from atleast? Before the dd1 it was fine, after dd1 noise. If there was no ground issue before hand no noise nothing why would the dd1 "aggravate" the noise? There is no noise while the rca cables are unplugged. I just ordered knu krystal cable rca's for my 4 channel i guess they have 4 different types of sheilding. Tomorrow im going to trying to taking out the 4 channel all together and just re install.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

You probably did something when unplugging your RCAs with equipment turned on. There is no way for a DD-1 to create noise in a system, it isn't connected to the system.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

All i did was lay them down on the back seat?? Would it be worth a shot to unplug them and make sure they arent touching a ground and let it sit all night?

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I have no idea what that would help. It isn't that your RCA cables are physically touching a ground, but somehow the signal is being directed through a ground. Things happen when you start plugging and unplugging RCAs with stuff turned on.

Have you isolated where the noise is coming into your system yet? You already said when the RCAs are not hooked up to the amps the noise is gone.

Try turning the amp(s) on with the output side of your EQ unplugged. If no noise, plug them back in and unplug the input side of your EQ.

You really need to find out where the noise comes in.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I have no idea what that would help. It isn't that your RCA cables are physically touching a ground, but somehow the signal is being directed through a ground. Things happen when you start plugging and unplugging RCAs with stuff turned on.

Have you isolated where the noise is coming into your system yet? You already said when the RCAs are not hooked up to the amps the noise is gone.

Try turning the amp(s) on with the output side of your EQ unplugged. If no noise, plug them back in and unplug the input side of your EQ.

You really need to find out where the noise comes in.

alright ill try it first thing in the morning and post results thanks man.

Check grounds at the battery and alt positive connection.

Look for corrosion on ground and power wires. Front batt. Back grounding point.

Keep the mids amp off and listen for noise coming through the subs.

It could also be the amp causing.problems internally.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

I know for a fact there is nothing wrong the with the the sub amp or the rcas leading to it. Heading out now for some more work its 15* warmer than yesterday so today is the day

Checked all of my wiring over in the engine bay and back every thing checked out. Unplugged rcas from headunit turned on the amp and there was a very faint noise. Plugged them back in and took the rcas off the amp no sound at all. So im guessing its got to be an issue somewhere around the headunit? I think im going to try a different ground for the h/u

Archived