Truck Won't Start.

If its not cranking then its not a fuel issue, i would double check all connections one loose ground or positive would keep it from turning over.

How can you say its not a fuel issue. A motor must have fuel, air, and spark to run. without one of the three it wont run. It turns over but wont run....from what i understand.

the easiest way i believe to get to the fuel pump on an s10 is by taking the bed off but you an drop the tank if you want. Check and make sure there is power to the fuel pump, you might have pulled something off when you changed the battery. Then check the relay for the fuel pump, 98+ s10's have the relay in a box on the drivers side under the hood. I cant remember where 94-97's are. if its not the relay then it is most likely you fuel pump. They arent cheap either...

xa-1.gif

How can you say its not a fuel issue. A motor must have fuel, air, and spark to run. without one of the three it wont run. It turns over but wont run....from what i understand.

the easiest way i believe to get to the fuel pump on an s10 is by taking the bed off but you an drop the tank if you want. Check and make sure there is power to the fuel pump, you might have pulled something off when you changed the battery. Then check the relay for the fuel pump, 98+ s10's have the relay in a box on the drivers side under the hood. I cant remember where 94-97's are. if its not the relay then it is most likely you fuel pump. They arent cheap either...

He's talking about the engine turning over. it doesn't need gas to turn over, just a functioning starter. I dont think that's the problem though. when your key is turned to the accessory position you should hear the fuel pump. if you dont it either means you wiring to the pump is messed up, but your pump is shot. It sounds like someone is going to have to drop his gas tank sometime soon. good luck, the fuel pump/sending unit seems to be a pretty weak point on s-series vehicles.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Thats exactly what it is. When i turn the key i don't hear anything anymore

Archived