Truck Won't Start.

So I assume its a new S10 '94 and up. GM is normally GM though. I own an '83 S10 pickup, '85 s10 Blazer and an '89 s10 blazer. Does all the cars electrical not work? Does the stereo play? Might seem pointless but you need to define where the electrical short is. Ask Doug I've had my share of problems with my s10. Even the new s10's and most GM for that matter have three power points. Obviously the battery, two the alternator and three the distribution point (normally fire wall or around the battery). If all three have power than it might be internal.

You said your blowing the ECM fuse everytime you crank or replace it?

So I assume its a new S10 '94 and up. GM is normally GM though. I own an '83 S10 pickup, '85 s10 Blazer and an '89 s10 blazer. Does all the cars electrical not work? Does the stereo play? Might seem pointless but you need to define where the electrical short is. Ask Doug I've had my share of problems with my s10. Even the new s10's and most GM for that matter have three power points. Obviously the battery, two the alternator and three the distribution point (normally fire wall or around the battery). If all three have power than it might be internal.

You said your blowing the ECM fuse everytime you crank or replace it?

Its a first gen 92' everything electrical worked when the wires where the problem. just no start. radio came on and everything

Yeah i checked all them. The ECM fuse isn't blowing anymore but the car still wont start. Maybe its cold? idk

[/quote

Is there an alarm? You might of triggered the ignition kill. If so you'll have to by pass that and re-do the alarm.

Nope no alarm. people say its the fuel pump but when i open the fuel filter i could smell gas so it has to be getting gas?? i'm not sure whats wrong. and i cant get it to a mechanic to see if they can figure it out. so anyone else have any ideas?

Edit** Mods if you could move to the correct section. it isnt an electrical problem anymore. thanks

Could it be the relay switch? if so where is it exactly?

So it doesn't cranks at all? maybe its the starter itself. You try taking it out and having it tested. won't cost you anything but time and money. It could have a bad solenoid.

So it doesn't cranks at all? maybe its the starter itself. You try taking it out and having it tested. won't cost you anything but time and money. It could have a bad solenoid.

Autozone will test a starter for free you just have to have it off the truck :)

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived