Second Skin Audio

What is the benefits of proper Ohms..Also need help with proper connections and settings

Typically the way to succeed at something is to read and research FIRST, then apply what you've read. By bridging your amp at 1 ohm, you've blown half of your amp. That's why only one side works. It's also the reason why your amp kept going into protect...it was basically shorting out. When an amp goes into protect, that means something is WRONG with your installation.

Congratulations, you have to buy a new amp now.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically the way to succeed at something is to read and research FIRST, then apply what you've read. By bridging your amp at 1 ohm, you've blown half of your amp. That's why only one side works. It's also the reason why your amp kept going into protect...it was basically shorting out. When an amp goes into protect, that means something is WRONG with your installation.

Congratulations, you have to buy a new amp now.

UHmm I never ran 1ohm bridged until i found that I couldnt wire to 2ohm stereo.I tryed and it didnt work so I thought to myself hmm maybe it will work bridged so I wired them both to mono..Before that i was at 2 ohms and i only wired half of the sub..And yes I have to buy a new amp that is a given I am running 4 12's on less then a 1000 watts..So honestly that is not so painful.right now I have spent 180 dollars on all my equipment so I would rather blow this then something better when i get it..Also the amp has been going into protect mode since I hooked up 2 blue cheap 150 rms pioneers.it happens at different volumes on different songs..example "Bass..I Love you" my set up hates this song my amp will go into protect mode at half volume..some songs I can turn the volume up all the way and everything is nice and clear and hittin.And then some songs can only handle 45/50 max volume some songs can only handle 37/50 max volume.(buy songs i mean bass tester's and bass songs) another example I can take a 50Hz tone and turn it up to 47 or even max volume and not have a problem.

The box being 45Hz,this is the first box i ever built.The guy at homedepot that cut my mdf did a horrible job. By the time i got everything to fit I was at 45Hz.I could be wrong the box could be tuned lower or higher..

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

Either something is wrong with your amp, or something is wrong with your install. From the sound if it, you may have both problems, and may be suffering from voltage drop as mentioned above.

What happens if you take a 40Hz or 35Hz tone and turn it up?

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

hoook up one side for half power other then that :myargumenthereisinvalid

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

This is before I got the new subs I have four now running off of the 2 amps in the video.the video shows where I am grounding everything and how the amp shuts off at different volumes on different songs.This is before I ever put it at 1ohm.I have had it at 1ohm for 2 days so all together I have probably used the amp at 1ohm for 25min at the most..Also everything is turned down even the sensitivity.Loud is off vol adj is at 0 etc... Edited by MrFree

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Amp-Coustic600se

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

Check out my HHR install

sorry about the vid I was bored so i made it awhile ago before the new subs..at 40Hz and lower my new set up gets really loud and i can turn it up to atleast 42 to 45.If its a clean tone my amp can handle it at max volume.lsten to the vid and when the amp goes into protect mode.It will maintain a clean sound at high volumes with deep tones as long as there is no sudden change in the tone.(if that makes since)I did it the other day at a friends house.he had a test cd that dropped all the way to what i thought was subsonic and the woofers and amp did really really good and it got really loud..Ill make a new video of the new test cd and show how it can handle sub sonic but it cant handle Bass..I love you ?? later when I get my car back from the shop...

Edited by MrFree

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Amp-Coustic600se

Check out my HHR install

by the sounds of the video does anybody have any idea what could be the problem.This is when I had to Pioneers wired to 2 ohms mono.

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Amp-Coustic600se

Check out my HHR install

The amp shuts off due to overcurrent protection probably.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I revised it for better coherency sorry about that..Also i keep going into protect mode on my amp..my amp or box hates the song "Bass..I love you"... at half volume the amp cuts off.it also happens to alot of other songs but normally at higher volumes..Any ideas? could the ohms be dropping to low....Also in the first post I said I want to blow a sub,2 even.I have 2 blue P.O.S Pioneers and a couple hifonics,Orions,etc..I havnt blown a sub yet and i want to see what it takes..before i blow something expensive..And i was hoping something was set up wrong and that was saving the speakers from bein blown..

yeah..your ohm load will stay the same according to how you wired it and box rise and all that.... you meen voltage drop?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

The amp shuts off due to overcurrent protection probably.

I revised it for better coherency sorry about that..Also i keep going into protect mode on my amp..my amp or box hates the song "Bass..I love you"... at half volume the amp cuts off.it also happens to alot of other songs but normally at higher volumes..Any ideas? could the ohms be dropping to low....Also in the first post I said I want to blow a sub,2 even.I have 2 blue P.O.S Pioneers and a couple hifonics,Orions,etc..I havnt blown a sub yet and i want to see what it takes..before i blow something expensive..And i was hoping something was set up wrong and that was saving the speakers from bein blown..

yeah..your ohm load will stay the same according to how you wired it and box rise and all that.... you meen voltage drop?

Thanks guys for responding.Seriously I mean that.I just got fired and blew the transmission in my van and while I was fixing the van a raccoon came up and attacked me.So ive been having a bad week.Ok back to the set up.I thought that maybe the box was to big and the ohms would drop or somthing,but someone said that what you wire it as will be the end ohms.So I guess it is voltage drop?.Im still confused though I have a quarter farad capacitor,stock battery from walmart and a hotshot box(jump box) How do I deal with voltage drop.What do I need to stop it

Edit: How do I stop overcurrent or what would cause it

second Edit:Also I got a "D" on my sociology midterm.This week cant get no worse

LOL Sorry 3rd Edit: I talked to my local audio guy and he said that for a dual 4ohm woofer I can just wire one coil to itself(postive-negative)and the other coil i just wire it to the amp the right way..So that both speakers would be at 2 ohms and the coil is still completing its connection.Is this Correct??

Edited by MrFree

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Amp-Coustic600se

Check out my HHR install