Second Skin Audio

Need help asap!!!! Wats my box tuned to?

Hello everyone I need some help determining wat my subwoofer enclosure is tuned to. My box is made for four 12"s, I bought it off a buddy of mine. He had four dd 9512s in it.. I tried using the winsid and Torres box calculator but not ashamed to say I didn't no wat I was doing. Here's the measurements, it was 43"w. 33"l. 22"h external dimensions. Port dimensions were 19"w. 4.25"h and the vent was 22 inches long. The box consisted of .75 wood thickness all the way around with a double baffle on top...

There was bracing in the inside of the box. I hope this is enough info for you guys.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It gives 24Hz maybe 25Hz with bracing?

Damn that's low , he lied and said it was 35hz. Can you tell me how cubes each sub gets and wat to cut the port down to tune it to 33 hz.

There are too many errors to easily fix it. I'd suggest making your own box and getting some experience along the way bro

(too many cubes, not enough port area, port is too long into box)

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

yeah if it has bracing i'm guessing 25-26 range. really low...

Damn that's low , he lied and said it was 35hz. Can you tell me how cubes each sub gets and wat to cut the port down to tune it to 33 hz.

Just build a new box. You need moar port area :)

3.43 per sub and the length of the port is 7 in for a 33hz tune

Wow y only 7 that seems to short, to cut from 22.5 all the way down to 7 I would ave thought maybe like 12 to 15 or something.

Just build a new box. You need moar port area :)

You can just alter the box, that's wat he did, his port was only 12 then he made it to 22.5 , so I can get it cut down.