Reminder: Alts are not perfect. Charge up your bats!

I have a yellow top under my hood an Xs 5100 along with two Deka's in my trunk,can hook up the charger to the batt thats under the hood or should i charge the rear batts and the front battery seperate? i just bought a shumaker charger and it seems to charge a little high as well 15.3/15.5 not sure if this is safe or not.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

just got the battery tender plus for my new d3400 and all hooked up ... voltage is sitting at 14.63 does that sound about right ?

edit it was still charging now in float mode staying steady 13.46 volts

Nice write-up! I've done this ever since I got a second batt, and have continued to do so even after my 270xp. Better safe than sorry.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

if you have 2 batteries one under the hood and one in the back, you gotta charge each one a different day?

also can post more links to battery chargers?

If they're wired together you should be fine just connecting a charger to either of the batts. I sometimes switch it up from front batt to rear batt just because of the slight voltage drop from the front battery to the rear, I'm weird tho lol.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

^^^^

Yup!

Just like the four batteries (front and rear) work as one big battery for your system they will also charge like one big battery as well.

But, you will be charging the batteries closest to the charger more than the one farthest away. How much you ask? not much. So little in fact that if you are doing regular battery top offs it doesn't matter much at all. If you need all your batteries to be as good as they can get set your charger in the front and in the back for max charging.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Well.... tried out another schumacher. Got the $28 1.5A auto charger from O'reilly auto parts. Started out fine at 14.4v, then after about 5 minutes, started climbing until i unplugged it at 16V. I don't get it. Threw my diehard gold charger on and it charged at 14.7 til it was full and then dropped off to 13.5. Evidently the small Schumacher chargers do not like my car. :unknw: gonna stop trying and just order a CTEK 3300 or 7002.

I'm charging all mine up rite now it will help your alt last longer

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

Well.... tried out another schumacher. Got the $28 1.5A auto charger from O'reilly auto parts. Started out fine at 14.4v, then after about 5 minutes, started climbing until i unplugged it at 16V. I don't get it. Threw my diehard gold charger on and it charged at 14.7 til it was full and then dropped off to 13.5. Evidently the small Schumacher chargers do not like my car. :unknw: gonna stop trying and just order a CTEK 3300 or 7002.

tried the small battery tender plus from O'reilly ? mine charges at 14.46 and holds at 13.54

Archived