Grounding amp to battery vs chassis?

directly to battery- it goes directly to battery without having to to pass threw car

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I'd ground it to the battery, if the battery is grounded to the chassis.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I personally like grounding to the chassis. Reason being is EVERY TIME I've grounded to my battery I'll get terrible whine. I actually have a charger too. The stock ground isn't bad, I'd try both and see which one you like more.

Hmm thats what I was afraid of when you got the whine did you hear it out of your subs?

to me it depends on the build...if its a small setup or in a car without a 2nd rear battery, the chassis is okay. I prefer to bolt it instead of self tapping screws. Id also rather go directly to the battery if you have a rear battery that is close to the amp.

I personally like grounding to the chassis. Reason being is EVERY TIME I've grounded to my battery I'll get terrible whine. I actually have a charger too. The stock ground isn't bad, I'd try both and see which one you like more.

Hmm thats what I was afraid of when you got the whine did you hear it out of your subs?

Nope, only my mids and highs amp. The sub amp gave off no noise.

i myself ground my amp to the battery and my batteries to the chassis

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

do you have a pioneer deck by chance?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

do you have a pioneer deck by chance?

Yup, I never found a way around that stupid pico fuse problem.

Archived