Sundown Audio

Just heard of Sundown Audio yesterday. I'm impressed by the videos I have watched. Thinking of doing two SA-8s in my 2012 Mustang

Juat wondering about people's real world experience on the SA-8? Is this a good combo SPL/SQ sub? I like the large output from a small driver. Power will come from an old school Rockford Fosgate Power 300 MOSFET bridged. Any thoughts in boxes? I like the idea of placing the subs on each side of the trunk toward the rear in the side pockets. Ported, or sealed? Thanks in advance. I'm a new b by the way:)

Shawn

What kind of space do you want to be taken up by the 8s? Also the SD series is a shallow mount so you could grab SD8's and maybe find custom made (sealed) boxes that can take the place of the side panels in the trunk. The SA series is a good combo of SQ and SPL IMHO, I own two SA12's that sound very nice.

Surprisingly for 8"s they can get loud and low in a ported box and can handle above rated, with clean power of course. I really don't know what they sound like sealed or if its even recommended ( the sites says its an option). Imho If your deciding to use the side trunk pockets as the space for the enclosure then I would look into the E8"s.

teamsundown3hx11.jpgxs1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2-1.png

2010 Pathfinder

Sundown Audio - SAZ 4500- Zv.3 15"x 2 w/ Nightshade coils

Sundown Audio - SAX 100.4d- Focal Utopias 165w2 (fronts), rockford t1652 (rears)

DC Power Engineering - 270XP

Knukonceptz and Rockford 1/0 wire through out

XS Power D3100s x2 and a "god ol" Optima Yellow Top up front