Sonic Electronix

Yeah, it's extremely hard/pretty much impossible to get perfect sound staging from a pair of 18's in a car environment due to limited space. Has nothing to do with 18's being slow or muddy or anything.

I'd love to see it done though!

I don't think we're on the same page. What I ment with ruining his sound stage (or frontstage maybe), would be that having frequencies that are directional to our ears coming from behind, where the sub is, is not a good thing for what he want's to achieve. The low frequencies are fine as we can't pinpoint the direction, but the further up on the scale you get from say 30hz as allready mentioned, the more you're going to get a sense of direction and the more it's going to affect the imaging.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most true sq cars have a sub up front as well and the big sub setup is only used for the spl portion

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you DID paraphrase him lmao. you basically said theres no market for 8's and 18's because people just want a little bass. hence the 10, 12, and 15's. hence supply and demand for the average stereo joe schmo

Because he thinks 18"s are for demos, hairtricks, and TL numbers. 10"s are for missing bass. The supply and demand is the only same thing I will admit, but his reasoning is almost idiotic. Because only 18''s do hairtricks, and 10"s don't get good scores.

Put a 10" and 18" in any car and tell me which will get more air movement and higher TL numbers and which will provide more pleasant bass.

As a "shop owner" you should know this.

There is a reason why you don't see SQ cars with 4 18" walled and SPL vehicle with a single 10" in suburban.

yes because you cant blend 4 18s. SQ is not abotu doing a 155 wiht obnoxious mids and highs. ITs about tonal balance and blending the soundstage. The spl portion of an SQ car tops out at 140. Jesus fucking christ stop arguing and go back to try to figure out how ot make your car loud. If you spent half as much time doing that might be surprised what happens.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yes because you cant blend 4 18s. SQ is not abotu doing a 155 wiht obnoxious mids and highs. ITs about tonal balance and blending the soundstage. The spl portion of an SQ car tops out at 140. Jesus fucking christ stop arguing and go back to try to figure out how ot make your car loud. If you spent half as much time doing that might be surprised what happens.

can't do anything with bad alternator :unknw::sorry:

you DID paraphrase him lmao. you basically said theres no market for 8's and 18's because people just want a little bass. hence the 10, 12, and 15's. hence supply and demand for the average stereo joe schmo

Because he thinks 18"s are for demos, hairtricks, and TL numbers. 10"s are for missing bass. The supply and demand is the only same thing I will admit, but his reasoning is almost idiotic. Because only 18''s do hairtricks, and 10"s don't get good scores.

Put a 10" and 18" in any car and tell me which will get more air movement and higher TL numbers and which will provide more pleasant bass.

As a "shop owner" you should know this.

There is a reason why you don't see SQ cars with 4 18" walled and SPL vehicle with a single 10" in suburban.

You can't even install an alternator or a second battery. Not trying to belittle you, but when you can even do the basic small steps I'll listen to your opinion on SPL, SQ, or even the difference in daily setups.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah, it's extremely hard/pretty much impossible to get perfect sound staging from a pair of 18's in a car environment due to limited space. Has nothing to do with 18's being slow or muddy or anything.

I'd love to see it done though!

This guy has the right idea.

... why is this thread still going?

Haha, I read the rest of this page while takin a shit.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

I think we all invested so much we all got sidetracked on useless arguments. We should just let it die

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I think we all invested so much we all got sidetracked on useless arguments. We should just let it die

x2

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived