Sonic Electronix

I don't know why but every car audio shop I go to talks trash on 18 inch woofers. Theres one shop here I mentioned 18's to and they cut me off saying how "terrible and sloppy" they sound and how only night clubs use them lol oh, and how they would be pointless in a car.......I don't know why some local shops are stuck so far back in time. I said I am leaning more towards LOUDNESS and spl and they still try to sell me some 10's because they are "clean".. I don't know why I bother sometimes. Anybody else have any adventures with biased shops? :P

Sound´s to me as a good idea, a nightclub with 18´s in a car, let´s do it....

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Most shops are just a bunch of fucking clowns. There are a few that really know there stuff though. And if you have a car, I would not put an 18 in a trunk, I would do a pair of 10s or 12s.

^ this.

8 SSA EVIL 15's

4 CRESCENDO 5500'S

2 SINGER HAIRPIN'S

21 XS POWER D1600'S

ALL MCLAREN AUDIO MID'S AND TWEETERS

1 TARAMPS HD4000, 1 TARAMPS HD800

SEX!

kWgmAp6.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

I hear it all the time. 18" are slow. You can't use them to play rock music. They can't keep up. Then they hear some soundgarden or dance music in my car. Then they change their mind. You have to convert these people one at a time. Hopefully they will tell their friends and there friends will tell their friends and we can put this retarded myth to bed. lol

I use a 10" as a midrange/midbass...and my car only has seven speakers. I get hassled all the time. It's just propoganda. If people took the time to actually verify what they are reading or what they heard instead of just believing it well...the world would be a much different place.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

we all know DC Audio, not saying everybody hasta love them, just saying that i went to B*** B** late last fall with a new DC 2k that didnt work, he offered suggestions on what it could be, but once he asked what brand it was, he said it was a "no-name company" (turns out the RCA's were bad so the amp went into protect)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

Most shops are just a bunch of fucking clowns. There are a few that really know there stuff though. And if you have a car, I would not put an 18 in a trunk, I would do a pair of 10s or 12s.

Yea that's common sense about 18's in a trunk but I was just speaking in general, he had not even seen my vehicle at that point. One other time before this I was in the same shop and they had a old style O-Scope sitting on the work bench. i asked one of the "techs" if he could set my gains with it and he told me "no because he don't know how to use it and its too complicated just to turn on" ..... wtf? Thats why I don't go there anymore. The point of my topic was not to bash Car audio shops but more that some of them live in a cave...

i walked in for some tweets at this spot here in fl n decided to check out subs..well i started talking to a guy trying to sell me a kicker 10 and i said i dont need a 10 i need a 15 and he said that they were garbage, and im thinking'hes only showed me kicker stuffs so i asked him about skar and he said its garbage. im like you sum beach so i have him show me what they currently had in shop which was a 2 12 setup in prfabs in a trunk and he said itd blow away any skar setup. so i bet him a set of tweets my 2 skar 8s woould blow away his 2 12s and i have a convertible truck so i pulled around and he let his beat. we used same song. it was how low by luda. im thinking, this motha just messed up. i have 2 separate boxes tuned to 32 hz for my vvx8s. he let his bump and his mirror barely moved, i let mine bump and watched his shop door flex. now got my dad a set of soundstream tweets. :drink40:

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

room for the wave to develop in front of the speaker

Size of the speaker has nothing to do with that. The longer wavelength (lower frequency) does.

:drink40: you're the expert

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

It's not just shops, it's people in general.

Most people have little to no experience with 18" woofers, and some Audio Shop employees like to talk like they have knowledge on everything. So they end up speculating on characteristics based on their preconceived notions of how 18s should be in their mind.

So take it as a grain of salt because basically they just don't know what they are talking about.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The shop I went to is the most popular in my area. I asked them to run some 0ga for me and they said that 4ga or 8ga is plenty for 3000 watts and I should have no issues. They also told me that upgrading to the big 3 was a waste of money. They're stuck 10 years in the past and don't like change. It's hard to find a shop that's on the cutting edge of things. They also don't carry anything above a 12". If you ask about 18's they will tell you they're sluggish and not good for music, only SPL. But they're just trying to sell you on what they have in the shop.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP