Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

I'm scared of ss'd since to be big enough to hold all my media I want to put on it would super expensive. I have a 500GB right now and it's not enough. I have like 400 movies and a few thousand mp3's. So I'll just put my favorite movies on instead of all of them. And I agree about the lexan in the rack, When I get my new piece I'll put a black border on it to hide that ugly carpet.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couldnt you get a small SSD and load windows on that, then use the second 500GB drive to store all your movies? or is there only one SATA port on that motherboard?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

can we get a vid of the carputer and some programs being opened?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

couldnt you get a small SSD and load windows on that, then use the second 500GB drive to store all your movies? or is there only one SATA port on that motherboard?

I could, and it has to sata's but there simply isnt room for all that. So i just use the one.

can we get a vid of the carputer and some programs being opened?

I'll get a video but my Internet sucks. I'll upload as soon as i can and then post it here.

sweet!

and your build is turning out pretty gnar

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

there must be. hell, i have a 1.8" 80GB SSD in front of me. couldnt imagine it not fitting anywhere lol. cant be any thicker than 1/4".

how long does your computer take to boot as it is now?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

there must be. hell, i have a 1.8" 80GB SSD in front of me. couldnt imagine it not fitting anywhere lol. cant be any thicker than 1/4".

how long does your computer take to boot as it is now?

We can time it once the video get uploaded. I just converted it but i put it in 4:3 by accident so i'm re-converting. I't going to take an hour or so to upload though.

Edt,

Youtube is telling me 254 minutes. FML

• 1 month later...

So Thanks to Joe X for the plans. I have decide to try a slot port enclosure. Tuned to 33ish, we all know about 33hz. But seriously I wanted to try something different besides sealed for once. So I'll be uploading pics here to show the progress.

I screwed up the measurement for the port so i had to re-drill the holes for the screws. No big deal they will be covered by wood filler anyway. As yu can see all the screws are counter-sunk and i tried to put in a screw every 3 inches.

snapshot20120602204643.jpg

Put in some 45's. You know about those .... never mind

. Ignore the sloppy caulking job, The Joints are tight, I just wasn't being very careful. No big deal, no one will see that anyway... oh wait.

snapshot20120602204722.jpg

Had to Jigsaw the holes, Wish i had a router..

snapshot20120602204807.jpg

Close Enough, also sorry for the crappy pic quality. My son has my good camera this weekend.

snapshot20120602204918.jpg

More pics.

snapshot20120602204959.jpg

snapshot20120602205045.jpg

snapshot20120602205058.jpg

I'll put up some more pics later. I still have to fill the screw holes and do some sanding/painting. I just got impatient and put it in the car to see what it sounds like. I want to see if it sounds better than my sealed enclosure before i get too invested in it.

Archived