Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

That looks very clean duck, you wanna do mine while your at it? lol

are you going to put LED's in your display case?

Yes, Leds are already wired up sort of. Today i am going to experiment with something and if it works i will post up some pics.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks very clean duck, you wanna do mine while your at it? lol

are you going to put LED's in your display case?

Yes, Leds are already wired up sort of. Today i am going to experiment with something and if it works i will post up some pics.

great, an experiment??? I'm tuned in. I'm actually planning how to wire my LEDs now while all my stuff is being shipped.

:popcorn:

Well, as i have said, i will use wood filler on the screw holes when i am ready. That's why they are all counter sunk. I want to put some bracing the box and i may change port lengths if i change subs. I would ultimately like two tone gray vinyl to match the car.

i didnt read everything, i missed you saying that you would fill the holes. So long as youre doing that, hell yes, go with the vinyl, especially 2 tone, that would look really nice. Wrapping with vinyl can be a pain, especially on the corners. Its been a few years since ive wrapped anything in vinyl, but it was a PITA

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Alright, I want to keep my lid removable and if i don't put my Led's on the lid you will be able to see them. I don't want them visible and just want the light from them.So i had to get creative to do this. I bought some magnetic cabinet catches at wally-world and here is what i did.

000_0024-1.jpg

000_0025-2.jpg

Drilled a hole for the power wires in the housing

000_0028-1.jpg

I soldered the wires to the metal parts on both sides

000_0030.jpg

000_0031.jpg

Ignore the tape, i need some adhesive to stick these led's to the lid cause the tape obviously was fail, lol. I still need to heat the shrink tubing and ziptie that to the led's and secure it all to the lid. This is just the testing phase.

000_0032.jpg

000_0033.jpg

000_0034.jpg

And viola, it works. Sorry for the fuzzy pic, my camera doesn't like close up's for some reason. :/

000_0035.jpg

Something else I did was to bridge my 8405 to my Infinity Reference 6030's since I am no longer using the Polk DB 5 1/4's that were in the rear of the car. (maybe an "A" pillar job later?)

The manual claims 180x2 @ 4ohms and the components read 3.4ohms. I will clamp when I can (hopefully tomorrow night) and see what they are actually getting after rise. I just don't know what tone I should check with, guess I will goes with the 1k tone and just be annoyed for a while.

I tuned the mids with the 0db 1k tone on the dd1 all the way through the amp for safety's sake. The infinty's claim 100rms each so we will see what they can really take. They play clean up to about 38/40 on the head unit and 40/40 on some stuff. Once I clamp and find a level I am comfortable with I will report back.

Wow that is really an amazing amp rack. I like how you take the time to make everything so clean. It really show when you take your time

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

looking good so far dude, great work

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got tired of the kenwoods enough to replace them.And I have been itching to tell everyone here about my recent purchase. But I resisted because I wanted to post up pics when they got here. So no more waiting because the UPS guy came by and dropped these off.

000_0024-3.jpg

000_0025-4.jpg

000_0027-2.jpg

000_0028-2.jpg

000_0030-1.jpg

000_0032-1.jpg

So Smexy.. Thanks to Kevin and everyone over at SKAR audio!

So i have been running my 9105D at 1ohm to these and it seems to be happy so far. Playing music these have a much much tighter response that the kenwoods did. They hit harder than kenwoods did in a sealed box. I haven't gotten carried away with the volume yet because the cutout on one side of the box is just a touch out of round and the sub doesn't quite sit all the way down. Maybe 1/32 of an inch off the box and the screw holes don't line up so even with air leaking around the sundowns they play cleaner and louder than the kenwoods.

I did give a few demos today even with 100+ degree weather and the car sitting in the sun and like i said, the 9105d is chuggin right along at 1ohm. I'll get some time monday and adjust the cutouts and mount the subs up proper and after a few hours of play time I'll see what they can do.

Archived