Skar Question???

How does skar compare to JL Audio? I'm speaking in terms of SQ and actual quality. I have some guys at a local shop that swear by JL, but i honestly think that they are ridiculously overpriced compared to Skar and many over non-mainstream brands.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

No comparison or vs threads. It's personal preference

I don't want a "vs" thread. I'm asking is the JLs worth the extra price when I can get Skar subs much cheaper.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

inb4l

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Well i have the IVX line of subs and they are real good quality, built very good aswell, you can tell they arent cheap china crap, well thats my opinion anyways

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1330861253' post='1915896]

Well i have the IVX line of subs and they are real good quality, built very good aswell, you can tell they arent cheap china crap, well thats my opinion anyways

Both are nice brands, but impossible to compare and do a "vs" thread. JL has been around for awhile, but our customers are very pleased :)!

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

I'd choose Skar anyday over jl. Definitly not cheap stuff. Great performers and beasts at producing output well over rating

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's