DC Sound Lab

T/S for XL m2 12s, please anybody

Im tired of trying to get the box right by guessing. Its not working and I dont want to break anything. Does anybody have the T/S specs for these subs, it would really help a ton. Or give me specs that are really working for you. internal, port area, tune. Not looking for a SPL box, just a low hitting loud daily driver.

2 XL m2 12s on a 5K. Please only people that know they are getting the most out of their set up give specs.

You dont need the t/s specs to design a good box. The ts specs are actually going to vary from sub to sub based on break in anyway.

m2 XL 12s on a 5k, I would go with 1.5-1.75 net per sub with 14-16in2 of port per 1ft3 and tune based on the type of music that you listen to. If you listen to alot of rap, tuning in the low 30s would be good. If you want something that will sound good on most rap but still play rock and country well, then a 35-38hz tuning would be good.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

You dont need the t/s specs to design a good box. The ts specs are actually going to vary from sub to sub based on break in anyway.

m2 XL 12s on a 5k, I would go with 1.5-1.75 net per sub with 14-16in2 of port per 1ft3 and tune based on the type of music that you listen to. If you listen to alot of rap, tuning in the low 30s would be good. If you want something that will sound good on most rap but still play rock and country well, then a 35-38hz tuning would be good.

Thats what I was going for. I dont know what happened with the box I just finished. It was supposed to be 1.8 per driver with 13in2 per cube tuned to 33 but they are bottoming out soon as I put the power down. This is box number 2 that has been fail. I used the Torres calc but I guess I did something wrong

what note did they bottom out on?

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Are you running the m2 XL 12s and the 5k now? if so, I would try building a smaller box, more towards the 1.5ft3 per sub net.

I am just to have them continue to breakin. Gains turned down a SS is up. I think 1.5 is going to be the best bet, but would i be losing some low end authority?

SS?

WIth 2 m2 XLs running on 1 5k, with the system tuned properly there should be no need for a break in period. I would suggest investing in a DD1 and CC1 to properly set your amps.

SS?

WIth 2 m2 XLs running on 1 5k, with the system tuned properly there should be no need for a break in period. I would suggest investing in a DD1 and CC1 to properly set your amps.

subsonic

SS?

I already have them. I just turned everything down for now so i dont break anything until a new box is done. Tuned with the -10 tone and 26hz SS they dont like it at all