TDH PT Loser! updates! *PICS!*

Thanks haze, things loud on only 900 Watts though lmao, haze you have problems with your h/u rattling around? Mine shakes to all hell, my CD/thumb/iPod cuts out, idk if its just my h/u or the car

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

working on getting a new box designed as we speak, this box cant play lows at all, so i gotta shrink the port and make the box a tadddd bit bigger

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Thanks haze, things loud on only 900 Watts though lmao, haze you have problems with your h/u rattling around? Mine shakes to all hell, my CD/thumb/iPod cuts out, idk if its just my h/u or the car

No, actually I've never had any problem with the HU, it fits tight.

Are you sure you used everything? Did you use the metal sleeve to secure the HU to the mounting kit?

It shouldn't be moving at all....

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

No, actually I've never had any problem with the HU, it fits tight.

Are you sure you used everything? Did you use the metal sleeve to secure the HU to the mounting kit?

It shouldn't be moving at all....

pretty sure its just my radio in all honesty, and i just took the one i had in my jeep, same thing fit right in there, if i have my bass up to much my cd skips to all hell, i never had that problem in the jeep, ima get another h/u here shortly so well see what happens then, i just gotta figure out where to put my volt meter, where you put yours is where im putting my bass knob, and i have a cig lighter where you put your other one, and how much was that mla mod you got there?

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

The MLA cost me 230, I paid a little more for the dual voltage one. I believe the regular one was about 185.

And about the skipping cd, I had problems with that, until I bought the Clarion. I think it's just the way bass travels in these cars. But you need a HU with skip protection, and even then, when you get really loud, it's gonna skip. The best way to not skip is to use an mp3 player. Although I swear I had my ipod skip a few times too.

Crazy bass!

Anyway, good luck man!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Awesome Build !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The MLA cost me 230, I paid a little more for the dual voltage one. I believe the regular one was about 185.

And about the skipping cd, I had problems with that, until I bought the Clarion. I think it's just the way bass travels in these cars. But you need a HU with skip protection, and even then, when you get really loud, it's gonna skip. The best way to not skip is to use an mp3 player. Although I swear I had my ipod skip a few times too.

Crazy bass!

Anyway, good luck man!

ive been looking at kenwood, im not trying to pay an arm and a leg for a new h/u lol, and thanks man, i got big plans for a summer build ;), hows you MPG? i swear mine eats gas lol

Awesome Build !!!

thanks man

so within the next few days im shrinking the port and ima see how that sounds, if i dont like the way it plays im turning this box into a table lol

ordered my PAC LC1 bass knob last night, cant reuse the one i had in my jeep since the knob is ca glued on lol, so i cracked and bought a new one, should be here soon, still trying to figure out where to put this bass knob but i have an idea or two, who needs to know the temp outside anyway > : ), updates when the bass knob gets here

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

This build is coming along very nicely Dan. Im curious how youll like the Singer alt becuase I plan on going with Mike too. :clapping:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

This build is coming along very nicely Dan. Im curious how youll like the Singer alt becuase I plan on going with Mike too. :clapping:

well see, im hoping to get a good amount back from my taxes, i know a rough estimate but it could be more for all i know, i havent heard one problem with any of his alts, id like a bit bigger then the 250 amp hes offering but i dont wanna have a bracket made, other wise id just do dual alts, but im poor lol, im having someone whip up a box design as of now, im gunna run it by a few team mates before i go and build it this time, worst case ill have to go to berger :P hes always busy with jays truck though lol

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif

lol krill

so my bass knob should be here by tuesday, and i just ordered some LED's to replace the dome/map lights in my car to make it a nice bright white in there, im also going to be dismantling the temp reader or w.e and hopefully popping the volt meter in there

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived