Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for single Sa-12

I was wondering if there was anyone located in the GTA in Ontario who would be willing to help design and build a box for me? I have no access to power tools and even if I did, I would have no idea how to use them. As of right now I have a single Sundown Sa-12 in a crappy prefab box and it makes me sad...

I could get the trunk dimensions tomorrow for whoever, if anyone, would be willing to help out a highschool student just getting into car audio.

Thanks a lot

If you vehicle has a trunk most likely this will work:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.062 Hz

Vb = 1.992 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 29.75 in

External Depth = 14 in

Port Width = 2 1/4 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/4 x 14 1/2

Back = 29 3/4 x 14 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 12 1/2 x 14 1/2

Side 2 = 13 1/4 x 14 1/2

Top & Bottom = 29 3/4 x 14

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 10 1/4 x 14 1/2

Extension = 20 1/2 x 14 1/2

SD-DB.jpg

Bear in mind that the suggestion is meant to fit most applications but if you are looking for a particular tuning frequency or you intend to drive the sub over rated power then some adjustments need to be made.

Let me know any questions.

what's the cubic feet of this box and the tuning frequency? how would you adjust the settings for more power? i'm running 1300 watts at 1ohm to the sub. thx for the help.

• 8 months later...

It says 2 cubic feet net tuned to 33Hz, don't know what kind of watts are you running on it but if those are RMS watts 1300 is plenty for that sub, just leave it at that, put some more in and you are going to smoke it.

Would this design work well with an alpine mrp-m1000 pushing 1000 watts at 2 ohm? I'd probably tune the amp down so it's not pushing hard all the time, but I definetly want to smash the lows. Thanks!

It says 2 cubic feet net tuned to 33Hz, don't know what kind of watts are you running on it but if those are RMS watts 1300 is plenty for that sub, just leave it at that, put some more in and you are going to smoke it.

Would this design work well with an alpine mrp-m1000 pushing 1000 watts at 2 ohm? I'd probably tune the amp down so it's not pushing hard all the time, but I definetly want to smash the lows. Thanks!

That's mainly for a trunk car so ok if you have that, the sub can take 1K of clean power, if not clean 1K will probably cook it, subsonic filter engaged to 28 Hz.

Joe X it's going into a Pontiac Sunfire trunk. I don't have access to a dd1 or o scope so I'll be tuning the amp using ohms law (less than ideal I know) so I'll be tuning the amp as if it's an 800w RMS amp, that way I shouldn't be pushing all 1000 watts to the sub. Problem with my amp is that the subsonic filter is non adjustable, it's set to (I believe) 15Hz from the factory.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived