I'm just getting around to posting this, it has a lack of Pictures during the build. But here it is.

(Originally posted at Stevemeadedesigns.com)

I was going to do this for the March 2012 SOTM, but had two issues with the qualifications.

1. My box is bare, as I've lost the carpet between moving from my old house, to the new one.

2. My amp (Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP) is *technically* 1500w. But is rated at 1867w RMS at 2ohms. 367w over the qualifications.

So maybe I'll get nominated for a build in the future, and this will motivate me to finish my box, and clean up my wires and such. So here we GO!

Video:

Parts List:

Cadence FX6m8 6" 300 Watt "Mid-Bass" door speakers (x2)

Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 (x3)

Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bd Constant Power

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Some 0-ga. Wires

So here we go with the pictures!

Here is the Truck in question, 2001 Chevy S-10 single cab, stepside. 4.3L V-6

425889_10151377197395381_680810380_23195834_1819906606_n.jpg

So as you all can see, I have very limited room for a system, without doing a blow-thru which I don't feel like doing right meow.

UPS brought me a nice pile of Pioneer fun!

2011-03-17164314.jpg

So all three of those are 300w(RMS) Max power. And the three of them wired to my one Rockford Fosgate T1500.1 they are down to about 1.33 Ohms.

My amp is rated at 1867w RMS at 2 Ohms. So I am MORE than doubling the recommended Maximum RMS for these three subs. But they hit pretty damn hard for what they are.

Here is the box, recommended size for these subs are .35 - .7 cu. ft. This box, per chamber is coming in at .725 cu. ft.

C360_2011-04-0117-00-22-1.jpg

Subs are counter sunk so that when they are at full excursion they won't hit the back of my seats. Which they don't! So its great.

Here is my messy Big-3 Upgrade with my stock alt, and shitty Interstate battery. I have to admit, I'm pretty damn good at soldering the ends on, they look nice and clean like Steves! I just need to put end covers on so they don't look so messy.

102_1036.jpg

102_1037.jpg

Where is your fuse on the power wire going to the back ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Here is the box in the truck, my wires are a little messy still, as I had planned to make sure the box fit, then carpet it. But I've misplaced my roll of carpeting for the box, so she's naked for now.

102_1039.jpg

My Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP sits nice and snug under my driver seat, and doesn't even get warm to the touch. LOVE that thing.

102_1043.jpg

My Pioneer DD headunit was the most custom part of this build. Since my S-10 is a 2001, as many of you know, only has a 1.5 Din dash bezel.

So I found a 2003 Blazer Double Din dash bezel at the local junkyard, which, thank god was the same color as my interior.

With a saws-all blade and a box knife, I carved out the unimportant plastic inside of my dash out. Fabbed two Aluminum 'L' brackets to the unit and fastened them (after measuring and measuring and more measuring) into the inside of the dash. And Viola, she fits nice and snug.

102_1040.jpg

Didn't realize my LED's were on when taking this picture. Oh well. If you guys want some of the best LED's and the BEST customer service on the internet, go to Oznium.com for all your LED needs. They may be a little more expensive than other websites, but the "No questions asked" customer service is great!

I'm currently uploading a Youtube video right now as you are reading this, so shortly there will be a little video of this stereo playing!

EDIT: And you can't see it, but I have a "frequency knob" that hooks into my RCA's that control my bass, which I can't turn up to half due to me overpowering my subs by A LOT.

Where is your fuse on the power wire going to the back ?

In the engine bay picture, where you see that little bit of 0 Ga.,( behind the AC compressor) and the little shinny thing below it, thats where my fuse is. And the power wire goes through the firewall from there to the amp.

EDIT: And I know its suppose to be closer to the battery, but that's the closest place that I could mount it without it just hanging all 'loosey goosey' in my engine bay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks real nice bro, if you dont mind me asking what are the dimensions of yor box? Im going to try and stuff for RF P2 8's behind my back seat in my 97s10. And yes, I know this an old thread. Thanks for any help in advance

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

XS Power D6500 up front, Mechman 270 amp alt, 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Wheels: 18 inch Balistic Jester wheels on 33 inch Nitto TG2's

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Suspension: 2/4 Belkin drop. Belkin Sway bars, Spohn Panhard bar

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

Wheels:  24 inch Luxx wheels/ 305/40 R24

Grammatically speaking, Prolly is not a word.

Archived