Raised from the dead! 2001 Toyota 'Rolla

I haven't been on a lot lately partly because a LOT has went down this past week. First, I got a job at a local sports bar my friend owns (something's better than nothing right?) and I'm actually making some decent money. I have been busting ass to say the least, 12 hour shift after 12 hour shift, splits, and willingly covering for other people. Not only will I be funding my prototype woofer, but I have decided that it's time to get back on the horse, and finish her off :) There's an older thread I started a while back, but I dug through and couldn't find it for the life of me.

Here's a little lowdown on my ride: This was my mom's car, she bought it wrecked with 87K on it and I fixed the panels that had been wrecked and matched the paint. A couple years down the road, it encountered the same fate most '00 through '02 Corollas go through. Cracked valve stem seals. It leaked (and still does) a ton of oil but we did everything in our power to be sure it was always full so no damage would take place. In the meantime, mom got tired of putting oil in it, so she bought a new car and this one was left to die in our driveway. Numerous golf-ball-plus sized hailstorms emerged, and it really took it's toll on the poor 'Rolla. I decided to talk to my mom about buying the car to fix it up for me to use, and I got the ok. It is still a work in progress!

The sole reason I stopped working on this car is because it was costing me more than I could afford building boxes on the side. I decided to put it off until I got a job, and now that I have one, it's time to get back to work! Please, keep in mind, I know this is a Corolla. It's simply not a go-fast car by any means (though it has the 1ZZ-FE motor, same as an MR2 ;) ), I want it to look good, and I want it LOUD!

This is when I first brought her into the garage, after I did some minor body work (filled in dents, holes, etc..)

rollas.jpg

This is her after a base layer of Rustoleum, then 2 coats of primer. No, I did not primer my tires! :P (my mom actually came out and helped primer it!)

rolla2.jpg

This spot had a hole about 1/2" in diameter in the center of a pretty large dent.

rolla3.jpg

I will be posting more pictures as I go, my first check comes in Wednesday and I'm going to be ordering a TON of new parts! I've been doing a little "parts list shopping" and I have a pretty nice list gathered so far.

Electrical: Dual MechMan 270XP's, XS Power batts, ***Need help with deciding more!

ALL wiring, grounding, distribution, etc..: KnuKonceptz 1/0 AWG for power, 8 AWG for sub wires, 10 AWG for speaker wire

Tweets, highs, & mids: Rockford Power Series

Subs: L4D SoundLabs ;) *** I will be needing help or opinions on how I should build this setup

Amps: Undecided

iPad in dash?

On the drawing board once again!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200