Ok, so I'm just a college student with a very limited budget and I have been working on this car overtime and still needs a cleanup of my wiring. I got this 2000 ford focus LX back in early 2010 for $100 from a neighbor who had blown the head gaskets and drove the car until it died. Me and my father were able to fix the problem and from that, as my first car, I started customizing it with what little money I had.
Don't be too critical about my car, I started with car audio and working on cars in general when I got this car so Im learning as I go and still am making improvements over time
Here was how the car looked originally
vFWg1.jpg
GWnFv.jpg

First, I started working on the car audio. originally had stock speakers with some XXX XBX-1200 subwoofers which were 2 12" subwoofers with a combined 600W RMS system. It was cheap but it did the job.
ClOj4.jpg
i had later installed a 2 farad capacitor with it.
I1k6E.jpg

2000 Ford Focus LX; Yellowtop Optima secondary battery; Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP; 3 x 12" RE Audio SE-X 600w rms each @ 1.33Ohms; custom built enclosure; Clarion XR2410; 4 x Rockford Fosgate P1683 full range; SoundStream VR-345; NVX XEQ7 Equalizer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<Deleted pics>

2000 Ford Focus LX; Yellowtop Optima secondary battery; Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdCP; 3 x 12" RE Audio SE-X 600w rms each @ 1.33Ohms; custom built enclosure; Clarion XR2410; 4 x Rockford Fosgate P1683 full range; SoundStream VR-345; NVX XEQ7 Equalizer

I installed a new gauge face because the stock dull green and red was pretty lame

yeCnK.jpg

Then I installed a pair of 6000K low beam headlight bulbs which always looks better than stock headlights

E4Z16.jpg

Then I found a good deal on ebay for some carbon fiber taillights, pretty useless but looks better than the stock taillights

[before]TDzfs.jpg

[After]

bazLh.jpg

My dad had ended up surprising me by finding me an affordable place to install quality tint. I got 15% all around

wGNbO.jpg

Then I liked how the Audi R8 headlights had the DRLs, so I decided to install some myself

k9jja.jpg

I also missed not having an armrest while driving since I used to borrow my dad's 1992 acura legend so I went to the junkyard and found a center console that has an armrest and I painted it gloss black so it would match my car's interior rather than leaving it at the original color of tan

xe9OX.jpg

3TR8F.jpg

Ngk3M.jpg

Ohh, I also thought that installing lights on the door steps but originally I didnt know how I could keep them on continuously but turn off when the doors closed. Until I thought of using switches.

ElrXN.jpg

s4xxW.jpg

http://s62.photobuck...nt=SUNP0148.mp4 <-- a short video of the momentary switch in action

More or less, when the doors are open, the door step LEDs for that particular door will light up but when that door closes, it presses on the switch and turns off the LEDs. Of which i was actually pretty proud to do since I don't really know of anybody that does that kind of stuff.

I ended up painting the header cover and the stock air intake tube.

BTtbY.jpg

jEaWe.jpg

I also replaced the carpet floor in my car because the previous owners really didnt take care of the car and had kids so... you can get my drift by that..

ZgRMF.jpg

the previous carpet floor:

eSdsl.jpg

ebOjv.jpg

dOCLJ.jpg

TD19x.jpg

4gLmU.jpg

QePAD.jpg

I later cleaned up the floor when I decided to install sound dampener by the way.

I ended up installing a kill switch connected to my amp through the remote wire so if I dont want to listen to any bass, I could turn off the switch and my amp would turn off. This switch later also became connected up to my 2nd amp for my components.

lcNCn.jpg

nx56l.jpg

7KNFd.jpg

I also have a similar switch for my LED headlight strips and my fog light LED lights.

I also hated how my stock steelies looked with all the rust on them and everything so I ended up making a low budget decision and painting them so I could atleast make them look decent until later I can get real rims.

m5Dcz.jpg

VTIiq.jpg

H9Pkc.jpg

wMYEz.jpg

aYaJt.jpg

mM7jx.jpg

aXp2R.jpg

While I was out there I decided to also paint some black strips on the hood where the indents are:

qTy9O.jpg

nctfq.jpg

hHtU4.jpg

wGNbO.jpg

I also ended up installing fog light LEDs into the lower grill so I would actually have fogs in my car, and I also replaced the side markers and its bulbs with LEDs along with changing the upper grill with one that has clear turn signal enclosures and changing the turn signal bulbs with red LED bulbs

5VJkP.jpg

xfDZv.jpg

MyITT.jpg

PdBN2.jpg

upaqM.jpg

gd9En.jpg

NXT86.jpg

82OBH.jpg

x2loE.jpg

And new LED taillights as well

YXPGr.jpg

After all that, I had finally gotten a temporary 2nd battery in the back

8bDbH.jpg

2gI96.jpg

Then i finally decided that I needed to remove my stock speakers and install some new ones so I got the Rockford fosgate P1683 speakers. I wanted to get real components but had I realized that I could simply get adapters, I wouldve done that but I was more of a novice back then. And when I did that I also decided to setup both of the amps on the back of the back seat

zJ7bO.jpg

Ca5YO.jpg

FxdUE.jpg

HKtjZ.jpg

CVTML.jpg

CIFlc.jpg

The amp to power all 4 of my speakers

NtsLK.jpg

M3lZ8.jpg

bVRB8.jpg

The stock speakers

5vjKh.jpg

GbGFR.jpg

CSj5b.jpg

K83Qa.jpg

vVDZO.jpg

I also replaced my stereo from the JVC to a Sumas Media sm-310T with a small touch screen and plays videos, and sd cards. I would prefer a bigger screen but for only $40, it was a good deal.

5jH13.jpg

So finally, a friend of mine had installed 2 15" Rockford Fosgate P3's in his car and it sounded great and far superior to mine so I felt that it was time to upgrade after over a year with the subs I had, so with some of my school refund, I set out to upgrade my subwoofer system. I ended up buying 2 12" DB Drive K512D2's, they're dual voice coils at 2 Ohms 750W RMS each, and I got a Rockford Fosgate T1500.1 bdcp to power both of those subs. And knowing that I would need something better than that cheap 2nd battery i had in the back, I also ended up buying a yellow top Optima battery for the back. I am also using Stinger 4 gauge power wire. All of my wires for my audio is from Stinger.

pzqdr.jpg

DRCST.jpg

sQwSh.jpg

zv3RQ.jpg

lxfWW.jpg

liF5f.jpg

gwM1T.jpg

NWdSy.jpg

fipF3.jpg

YMEpE.jpg

fpgnm.jpg

I upgraded the battery from that temporary standard battery to a yellow-top optima battery

tZUPH.jpg

Archived