Big 3 with 4awg on stock electrical

Feel free to do what you like. The advice you are getting is solid though and I feel the need to say just because you haven't experienced a problem doesn't mean you don't have a deficiency. IJS

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

i know that my amp is probobly not getting enough power but i would just like too know if it is okay to add 4awg big 3 without any 2nd battery and on stock alt. my friend has 2 12 hdc3s on a aq2200 in a custom box tuned to 36hz with the big 3 in 0awg and a xspower3100 2nd batt. and his system only sounds slighty louder than mine. like 3db-5db maybe. and i have stock electrical with 2 xd 12s.

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

if i do the big 3 with 4awg and add a deka 9a31 would that be enough power? or do i have to use 0awg?

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

Well, all we are trying to say is that doing the big 3 with 0 gauge does nothing but more good for your electrical system.

I know 0 gauge is more expensive than 4 gauge but its more worth it cause the current has more room to travel because bigger wires have less resistance, so it's gonna help keep voltage stable like I said before, especially since you're running stock electrical, if you use 4 gauge, the chances of voltage drops increases cause you're limiting the chance for the current to travel.

If I was running 1.5k on my car, I would invest in 0 gauge to feed the amp properly, and to do the big 3 in 0 gauge also. Right now since I'm only running 600 watts rms, I'm only using 4 gauge for the amp cause it's my 1st system, and I haven't done the 3 big yet because my electrical is stable atm, and plus my stock wires are almost 4 gauge anyways.

Here's a site with a nice chart to explain what I mean also

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

my batt to amp wire is 0awg

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

can i use, used 0awg wire?

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

what everyone said...do 1/0 4 gauge is wasting your time. I have the same rms in my car and I have 1/0 big 3 plus an extra battery in the back. I have one run of 1/0 and a run of 4 gauge to my rear battery and I still get voltage drops to 13.6 and 13.4 idle playing at full tilt.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

can i use, used 0awg wire?

Yes you can if it's long enough, and insulation is in good shape.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived