Second Skin Audio

02 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab

I have A 02 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab and I'm

Pretty set on putting 4 15s in it... Now I'm gonna take out my back seat in order to make all the room but what some people have told me

Is that I don't have enough to fit the recommended 13 cubic feet but I've measured

It out and it seems to me I have more than enough my question is why wouldn't it be or do you think it can fit?

Not enough room once you take into consideration subwoofer, bracing, and port displacements. With 13ft^3 gross volume you could probably do three 15's, but you'd need to do a wall to do all four subs.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Not enough room once you take into consideration subwoofer, bracing, and port displacements. With 13ft^3 gross volume you could probably do three 15's, but you'd need to do a wall to do all four subs.

The sub displacement for 4 is .704 ft^3 and bracings won't take off more than a cubic ft at the most plus the port volume would be .36ft^3 if I tune it to 33 Hz going 8hx10wx7.85l (inches) and its not a slotted port so putting all that together it seems like I do have enough room

i started a design for my 02 silverado ext cab and the box was gonna be raised off the floor a good bit 59" wide 24" tall and 22" deep and it was over 15 cubes. So if you didnt have batts to go over you could get more space no problem

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

i started a design for my 02 silverado ext cab and the box was gonna be raised off the floor a good bit 59" wide 24" tall and 22" deep and it was over 15 cubes. So if you didnt have batts to go over you could get more space no problem

Yea see I was thinking I would

Have enough room no problem

But people were sayig no and I didn't know why I was just tryin to get feed back on it thanks man

I just punched in some numbers I had for my truck and if your box goes all the way to the floor up to back window you can have a good bit of space. Torres cant factor in the trans hump or the "step up" in the rear of our trucks, but I did 31"tall, 59" long, and 22"deep ( can go bigger if you like just where I like to keep my seat) and got 20.12cubes. So there is space just have to squeeze it.

Edited by jeffrm

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Simple solution is Blowthrough. Thats what I am getting ready to do. Then you have plenty of room for Amps and Batts. Also allows you to keep the bench in the extended cab.