Sundown Audio

Problem with Aq1200, need help!

DHolzman

Ok so yesterday my car went crazy on me, i turned it off, took the key out, and the car would still run, only until my toggle switch for my amplifier was turned to off. however when the car was on with the keys in it and i turned the switch off, the bass still remained. i got a new switch, that didnt work, unplugged everything from my amp and plugged it back in, everything went back to normal. now my problem is, without changing any setting on the amplifier, bass level ranges over time and clips at less then half according to the bass knob. before i had it so i could crank it up all the way and bass would remain constant and not clip. can someone help me in diagnosing this problem?????

Wiring problem.........noway your amp is running the car.................do you have more than one batt.?

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block

125 amp breaker at front batt.

Stock Alt.

Wiring problem.........noway your amp is running the car.................do you have more than one batt.?

one batt, i have a second one but have not installed it yet, i have fixed the problem with the

ignition, but now when i have the volume on my radio turned up to where i always do, the clip light on my bass knob kicks in before half when i used to be able to turn it to full and bass goes from getting extremely loud with a solid clip so getting soft, without any change in volume on deck/knob

Could have messed up amp.... Not sure...sounds funny...check all connections...how long have u had ur aq1200? My replacement will be here today....first one they sent was D.O.A. They could of had a bad run of them.......

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Stinger Power dis. block

Stock Alt.

Could have messed up amp.... Not sure...sounds funny...check all connections...how long have u had ur aq1200? My replacement will be here today....first one they sent was D.O.A. They could of had a bad run of them.......

ive had it for around a year, i went to a car audio shop out by me and they think that my battery is going bad and to upgrade it, of course for way more then i can get one online, sound fishy?? im going to the auto parts store tomorrow to have them check and see if the battery is still good, otherwise i remain stumped. i talked to kevin at AQ and he said out of all his years of installing hes never heard of something like this happening. gotta find the recipt, hopefully the amp is still under warrenty for a little wile longer.

Those clip lights arnt always known to be very accurate I've heard.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Yea, and Kevin also told me they have never had a DOA amp..........lol.....Mattc is right though the knobs are not always right, get a DD-1, as for the bass coming and going i'm not sure.....just go over it with a fine tooth comb....check all wiring, rca's ect............

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Stinger Power dis. block

Stock Alt.

fixed the problem, took everything out and looked at the line out converter, its tied into the wireing harness for the stock 8 in the back and the adapter wasnt plugged into the stock sub box, once i plugged that back in i could crank everything back up to where it was before with no problems, now time for the second battery

Cool , glad you got it fixed................it's seems to always be the small things.....lol...........

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Stinger Power dis. block