Since I've seen many other genres here, expect for Drum and Bass (common genre for racing games), I thought I might as well make a topic for it, since I enjoy playing it, so I thought others would like it too, and some of the songs got some really nice basslines.

It can range from 80's Ragga, 90's Rave and Jungle, to today's Liquid and Drumstep. Please don't post normal Dubstep/Brostep here, there's a topic for that. DNB Remixes are welcome too

Here's a list of subgenres also to add:

- Artcore (Gabber/DNB Fusion)

- Darkstep (Dark DNB)

- Skullstep (Old school, new techology)

- Drumfunk (Chopped DNB)

- Hardstep (Heavy DNB)

- Intelligent ("Ambient")

- Jump -Up (

- Liquid Funk/Liquid (House, Jazzy Soul, Funk, R&B, Pop, Synthpop, Disco influenced)

- Sambass (Brazilian DNB)

- Jazzstep (Jazzy DNB)

- Techstep (Tech DNB)

- Technoid (Techno/DNB fusion)

- Neurofunk (Post techstep)

- Drumstep (DNB/Dubstep fusion)

and a few more out there.

Here's a guide to help identify some of these subgenres:http://techno.org/el...ic-music-guide/

Here's some songs to start out with

Liquid

Jungle

http://youtu.be/yHF5furPFzE

Drumstep

Rave

http://youtu.be/LHGBacQnK6g

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I've been wondering about this. Years ago I worked at a club that had DJ's come in from all over and they all had their favorite types of music. I don't remember there being as many as you just listed but that was like 12 years ago. Anyway, all I see people on here talking about is dub step. I just wondered if people now just call everything dub step or if there is still all these different styles.

Well, there are still different styles, and people sometimes do confuse Drum & Bass with Dubstep because they are both from the UK, but Dubstep originated from 2step Garage when people started Dub remixing these songs back in the late 90's. Then as time progressed, it started forming into it's own style when they decided to throw in Jungle(one of the forms of Drum and Bass) in it. Then as time keep progressing it started evolving into something crazier, then it become mainstream in 2010, and now electro is being influenced into it, which is now starting to become a mess and lose all structure, which is called Brostep

Drum and Bass on the other hand is different, and actually is influenced by Dub, Reggae, and Hip Hop because it's breakbeat style,heavy basslines, and the good use of the drum machine. Drum and bass is a different, more controlled style of music. I find it easier to listen to than Dubstep because it has a lot more structure to it, and can be mixed with a lot of instruments, and sounds while still keeping integrity. It's also a lot more fast paced than Dubstep also, which is why it's popular in clubs, and racing games. And believe it or not, some people than love Drum and Bass hate Dubstep because they find it too crazy for their taste, or in the past, too slow.

If you hear a lot of drum sounds with basslines, and instrumentals in a smooth pattern, that's mostly likely Drum and Bass nowadays.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

That Rusko is sick but them highs are clipped :( ....still gon play it though! lol

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Youtube has crap quality, and Netsky is alright at remixing. Here's a few

Jungle, with a sneaky, and really heavy drop

http://youtu.be/3yMSLfWKTJc

Pendulum's cool, and I played this in my friend's all JL system, it was epic :D

Remix of Sade's No Ordinary Love, with a nice smooth bassline

http://youtu.be/LpuB4LXx2eI

liquid mix

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

I downloaded the song via google and played thru WMP, I like his Eyes Closed too, I've had it for a while

Dude, I know that sound in that Rude Bwoy one, I can't think of what song tho!

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

The sound is sampled from

Kool & the Gang - Summer Maddness

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Question...would this be DnB, Drumstep or Dubstep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWuk7xppHE

2015 Mazda 6