For those that do multiple 1/0 runs to the trunk, do you go through firewall?

welding cable is OFC and is generally about $2-3/foot for 1/0 (depending on where ur shopping i suppose) just my .02 to help u pinch a few pennies

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

^

So,

D2400 Hood Batt--> 2x 1/0 Power Wire Run --> 2x 300A Fuse Holders --> Trunk --> 2x 300A Fuse Holders --> XP3000 Trunk Batt

XP3000 Trunk Batt --> 2x 1/0 Wire Power Run --> 2x 300A Fuse Holder --> DC5K Amp (Assuming the 5k Amp that I get will require 2x Power Runs)

XP3000 Trunk Batt --> 1x 1/0 Wire Power Run Power --> 1x 300A Fuse Holder -->PPi P900.4 Amp

DC5k Amp --> 1x 1/0 Wire Ground Run --> Distribution Ground Fuse Block? --> Frame

PPi P900.4 Amp --> 1x 1/0 Wire Ground Run --> Same Distribution Ground Fuse Block --> Frame

So I need,

7x Inline 300A Fuse Holders & 1 Distribution Ground Block or more?

Can someone help me with the diagram here?

Can't I just use a distribution block somewhere in this equation to cut down on the Inline Fuse Holders?

Also, should I use some 4 Gauge wire during the amp part in the trunk or should I stick with all 1/0 Wire?

Oh I'm also guessing the Fuse Holder or Distribution blocks for the powers on the amp will not be 300A and will be something else according to the Amp fuse ratings?

If you get a DC 5k you'll need 2 runs for each power and ground, but they're still like 70 days out...

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Current flows in a loop. Whatever current flows through the positive wire also goes through the negative wire.

So you need the same amount of wire on positive as negative.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

welding cable is OFC and is generally about $2-3/foot for 1/0 (depending on where ur shopping i suppose) just my .02 to help u pinch a few pennies

princess auto here has 2/0 for 3.40$ a foot

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Wow. Shok's Comp Series 1/0AWG wire is out of stock too!

This is like a conspiracy of supply and demand; all of the wiring companies are trying to get rid of their overstock on CCA wire by cutting down OFC wire production.

Lol

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I got some left over 1/0 welding cable from my for sale if you need wire. Two runs 15' and a bunch of shorter runs.

It isn't pretty wire but it is very tough, decently flexible and comes with ring terminals on most ends

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

if you have much left i would definatly do a big three upgrade it would help soo much, even id you have good wire from batts your alt can only give so much from the stock wires, good luck

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

^

What is 70 days out?

DC's new amp shipment. All they have left are 1.2's. And everyone bought a shitload of everything to get ready for SBN. That's why so many companies have a lot of stuff out of stock. The Shok wire should be available in April.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

P1040291.jpg

P1040292.jpg

20120310_185241.jpg

I'm not done yet, but that wire is bitch to work with, using some good 2/0 welding cable or hyperflex would have been much nicer :)

I'm doing 3 pos 1 neg run, with three 0ga grounds in the trunk and one 4ga, just cause there's a spot in the terminal lol.

Archived