For those that do multiple 1/0 runs to the trunk, do you go through firewall?

Well, I'm going to be installing my XP3000 in the trunk soon and was wondering which route you take to get into the trunk.

Currently, I have my 4 Gauge Power Wire going through the rubber firewall. I'm wondering if it would be safe to run multiple wires through it when I do my 1/0 runs.

If I understand correctly, I'm going have to do two positive runs and one negative run to the trunk battery so that makes 3 1/0 wires going through right?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took out my seats and carpet for my runs, put them through the firewall with gromets, ran them down the middle of the cab along the center console, then to the trunk.

Also usually you want to have the same number of + and - runs.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

My trunk has like a trim ring thing around the opening so I just went under the bottom of it. I'm going to be doing 4 runs of Shok 1/0 soon and there is room. My car is an '00 Maxima.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I took out my seats and carpet for my runs, put them through the firewall with gromets, ran them down the middle of the cab along the center console, then to the trunk.

Hmm. I have them going through the driver side and my RCA's through the middle console.

Well, I don't think I want to spend $400 on Knu wire, so I'll probably just do the positve runs and ground the trunk battery to the frame of car somewhere.

To the guy above post, how much is Shok wire and is it OFC ?

And are you running the positive and negative runs on top of each other?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Hmm. I have them going through the driver side and my RCA's through the middle console.

Well, I don't think I want to spend $400 on Knu wire, so I'll probably just do the positve runs and ground the trunk battery to the frame of car somewhere.

1 run of neg is still better then frame ground

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

1 run of neg is still better then frame ground

True. Hmm. I know it's good to be consistent when doing things, but has their been any studies between 1 negative vs 2 negative runs? Does it make a huge difference for a ground run?

Son of a ....

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kolossus%20Fleks%20Kable

Knukonceptz is out of their 1/0 Wires lol

It looks like I'll have to wait on this project.

I was hoping to have my wire runs done before I buy my DC Power 270A.

If you have any extra after the 3 runs, do 1 more ground to frame in back. So 2 pos front to back, 1 neg front to back 1 neg back to frame

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

Archived