I installed 2 rockford fosgate P3 2012 models on to a 500-1b mono block. after about an hour an a half of driving a night my radio started acting up. I would turn the volume and the radio would temporarily shut off. Would this imply that i need to upgrade my alternator or I could I just install a capacitor?

As well I'm not sure what I wired my subs to.

There 4 ohms with dual voice coils. One positive and negative to the other voice coil. Then to the box terminal to the amp. And same thing for the other.

The two subs are not wired together. Im concered because i think that wiring to two 1-ohm sub loads, but Im not sure.

If anyone could please explain it would be a big help.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bbFvzTbaO7T/learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

That page will show you all you need to know about wiring them...as for the radio if your running your interior speakers off of it it may have been going into protect mode from you pushing the h/u past it's limits...And no you don't need a capacitor unless you want to waste your money

What vehicle?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

you that mean i should replace my radio or could i just run the speakers to a separate amplifier?

doesn't mean you necessarily have to replace the radio, but understand that the power that a head unit supplies to speakers is very little and most the time even lower than the rms... amping your speakers would be much better it should sound like night and day and if you replace the stock speakers with some new ones unless you haven't already you should be very satisfied...

Make sure the head unit is properly connected. Wires and the grounds are nice.

Also unhook the remote wire on the amp. And try to get the headunit to shut off at high volume with no subs playing.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

After that long it could be heat issue as well, also just don't add another amp without proper wiring and electrical upgrades. Also if your running a monoblock amp and you wire + to + and - to - on 1 sub then on the other the same way and they join at the amp you are at a 1 ohm load at the amp. I'm not sure I know of many 500.1's that can handle 1 ohm loads.