Sonic Electronix

How do i stop the buzzing noise coming from my door speakers

Ok so i have been helping a friend put in his system in his 98 silverado and i have everything ran correctly (rca's away from power and ground cables etc..) and there is still this buzzing or humming noise through the speakers it doesnt affect the music because when you turn up the volume it isnt noticable but when there is nothing playing you can hear it. He is running 4 alpine type r components and the amp powering them a is a quart 4x125. I was thinking it could be a ground loop but im not positive.

Edited by TBSS07

TBSS071994 GMC Yukon 5.7l 4x4 SLE:Wires: Qauntum Audio 4 Gauge Power and Ground currently installed

Monster Power Flex 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Cable sitting waiting to be installed

Monster MPC I302 2 Channel RCA cables also sitting waiting to be installedRockford Fosgate 12 Gauge speaker wireHeadunit: Alpine CDE-122Speakers: (2) Kicker KS46 4x6 coaxials(2) Kicker KS410 4x10 coaxialsAmplifiers: Soundstream Tarantula TX1.2000D

Subwoofers: (2) Skar VVX 12's Dual 4 wired to 1 ohm

Batteries: Interstate Mega Tron II MTP-75

bad ground?

sounds like a familiar problem, i just don't remember what exactly causes it..

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Is it from the alt? When you rev up the engine does the buzz change?

yes it does change as the engine revs so it is the alternator then?

TBSS071994 GMC Yukon 5.7l 4x4 SLE:Wires: Qauntum Audio 4 Gauge Power and Ground currently installed

Monster Power Flex 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Cable sitting waiting to be installed

Monster MPC I302 2 Channel RCA cables also sitting waiting to be installedRockford Fosgate 12 Gauge speaker wireHeadunit: Alpine CDE-122Speakers: (2) Kicker KS46 4x6 coaxials(2) Kicker KS410 4x10 coaxialsAmplifiers: Soundstream Tarantula TX1.2000D

bad ground?

sounds like a familiar problem, i just don't remember what exactly causes it..

I was thinking the same thing but im not 100%

sure is. Where is your ground at?

My Friend says that it is grounded to a bolt connected to the rear seat so any suggestions? Edited by TBSS07

sure is. Where is your ground at?

My Friend says that it is grounded to a bolt connected to the rear seat

Move it. That's not really a good spot. Did they sand all the paint off the metal?

No there is still paint there

when you remove the carpeting from the existing bolt that it's sitting on, you will either have a rubber or plastic style bushing that is probably not making a good ground for the amp sitting around the bolt. Check grounds again, and use sand paper

Edit : F.Y.I, my truck has a bushing for every bolt sticking out, so i needed to cut out a piece of the carpet, and make sure there was a clear grounding source

Edited by KOZ89

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...