DC Sound Lab

DC Level 4 m2 getting too hot

Warm subs I would consider normal. Hot subs on the other hand is going to be caused by distortion/clipped signal OR over powering the subs. You just happen to be on the perfect site to find the cure for this problem since the owner of the site has products that will cure this.

www.wccaraudio.com

Look up the DD1

My lvl 3 m2 12's were getting a bit hot to but i just figured it was causei had been playing close to full tilt for 15 mins or so

They should still never get hot, warm is ok but hot is a no no. I've over powered many subs and never had any issues, its all about a clean signal and a good box.

OP, where are you located? Someone near you might have a dd-1 you may use

dd1 helped my friend out with this problem because he would just turn his amp gain up. and it does sound like his subs are getting warm or "hot" from clipping. i would turn the gain down until i got the dd1 or someone with an oscope or dd1 to set your amp. turn the gain down and see if they still get warm...

A few things to point out (dont get upset) the amp 99% sure will not see a final 1ohm load. With that being said your 99% sure not going to see 2100 RMS watts out of that amp! Honestly if you didnt know much about building a box etc why not ask the manufacturer? Im sure rusty or any of the reps would have pointed you in the right direction before now. If I had to guess I would imagine this:

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/level4.html

would be a good refernece point.

What size sub? Keep in mind that you are putting a 2000w amp on a 1400w sub also.

I have a 15' dual 2ohm model. I removed it from my car until I can get my amp adjusted with a DD1 because I'm not letting that sub go to waste on me like that. Hell I just got it less than a month ago.