CE Auto Electric Supply

Seems like a lot of forum members are adding at least one auxiliary battery to their system. I see lots of threads to the effect of:

- Buy you welding cable from this guy on eBay

- Buy your fuse holder from this guy on eBay for $3

- Buy lugs from the local home supply store for $5 for a dozen

- Do it this way. Don't do it that way.

- Buy 1/0 AWG or you're stupid

Our industry has never had a formal solution to add an auxiliary battery. Furthermore, it would seem that no two people agree on the correct way to do it. I've got a wee bit of experience here and have been doing this since 1989 . . . I figured it was about time to come up with a formal kit. But, like everything I do, it will be first class - as in, when you buy it, you will have everything you need to install your 2nd battery - every bolt, every screw, every washer. You will also get full color step by step instructions that will answer every question that you may have in regard to the installation. Like all of my kits, it will be EASY to install, it will NOT require specialized crimping tools, and it will WORK!

For vehicles with top post batteries, this kit will include:

Front Battery (stock or otherwise)

- Military Style Battery Clamps

- (2) Rockford Fosgate platinum 4 AWG ring terminals with set screws to connect the stock battery cables to the clamps

- (1) 2.5 foot 1/0 AWG CLEAR cable (tinned OFC / 4,704 strands) pre-terminated with eyelets on each end (ground to frame)

- (1) 2 foot 8 AWG CLEAR cable (tinned OFC / 735 strands) pre-terminated with eyelets on each end (ground to body)

Cable Between Batteries

- (1) 17 foot 1/0 AWG RED cable (tinned OFC / 4,704 strands) pre-terminated with eyelets on each end

- (2) Rockford Fosgate ANL fuse holders with 300 Amp fuses - one installs at each end of the cable near the batteries

Rear Battery

- Military Style Battery Clamps

- (1) 3 foot 1/0 AWG CLEAR cable (tinned OFC / 4,704 strands) pre-terminated with eyelets on each end (ground to frame)

- (1) 2 foot 8 AWG CLEAR cable (tinned OFC / 735 strands) pre-terminated with eyelets on each end (ground to body)

[All terminations insulated with super thick adhesive lined heat shrink.]

Hardware

- Split loom tubing to protect power lead between batteries in the event it is run under the vehicle

- Rubber lined metal clamps to anchor cable to underside of vehicle

- Snap bushings to protect cable as it passes through the firewall and/or floor

- Grade 5 hardware for EVERYTHING - all ground connections, mounting, etc.

This kit would have a selling price for $289.95 and will be fully compatible with a slightly different "Big 3" kit that I am designing to complement it. For those that would like to isolate the rear battery from the primary battery when the vehicle is not running, we can discuss that option. Other options would be a length of 1/0 AWG for each of the positive and negative feeds to the amplifiers, power distribution blocks, etc.

The only thing left for the development of this kit is a donor vehicle so that I can develop the installation manual. Thoughts?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I have a donor car for ya ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

that sounds like a great idea and sounds quality but 300$ is a high price tag

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i re-read and you get more then i originally seen

and i guess labor and all that adds up too

and having shit done properly from professional so yeah i see how its worth it

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

that sounds like a great idea and sounds quality but 300$ is a high price tag

Yeah but it looks like its geared more towards people who dont know what to get. Also those rf fuse holders and terminals are like $30 each iirc. The cables are already trimmed with the eyelets on them saving you some work. Of course you can get all this cheaper if you know what you need and where to get it. I think this is a good idea though for noobs or someone who just wants to save some time.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

was interested until i saw the price, i guess its good for someone who doesn't have the tools to cut and terminate 1/0 wiring.

Edited by Tebo

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

You would be correct. My kits will be intended for those that wish to buy a complete solution that is easy to install, works as advertised, and offers complete electrical protection. As listed above, each kit will include the very best parts available.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif