My XS D2400 rests at 12.6V

I purchased an XS D2400 from you guys on March 8th and I would like to get a replacement battery.

I've charged this battery up several times already and it would discharge from its full charge voltage to 12.6V within 2 hours.

I believe my battery might have been damaged internally during the shipment.

Do you guys cover shipping fee both ways?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What charger? How long did you charge it for? What voltage was it at when you removed said charger?

This was the voltage of the Battery when I first got it:

d2400_voltage.JPG

The charger I'm using is a brand new Ctek 7002 US Multi Charger.

I charged it over night @14.5V and removed it the next morning when i saw it floating at around 13.4V.

It later dropped down to 12.6V.

I charged it again today for another 7 hours and it discharged from 13.4V to 12.6V within 2 hours.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

whats the temp like in the area its being charged..?

and i wouldnt worry about it if voltage isnt dropping below 12. its called a 12 volt battery for a reason.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

and i wouldnt worry about it if voltage isnt dropping below 12. its called a 12 volt battery for a reason.

The forecast says 50 degrees.

The instruction manual said not to use it if it's under 12.8V if I remember correctly, so this is bad.

if they don't fix it.

Put a heavy draw on it, then charge it back up ;)

Done that a on few batts. NSB130ft was sitting @11.8 when I got it. Now hold strong @13

Try this: discharge the battery until it drops below 12v, then charge it again. Do this a couple times.

Edit: I got ninja'd lol

cold weather murders batteries. esp if the surface the battery is on is really cold. such as concrete.

12.6 is a good floating voltage.

i wouldnt worry about it.

but doing the heavy draw and then recharge would be a good idea

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

So you guys are suggesting that I run that recondition mode on my Ctek 7002?

I'll wait for Nathan's reply to my PM before I do it because AudioSaving's warranty is only 30 days.

Hopefully AudioSavings can extend that 30day free 2-way shipping replacement at 100% no cost thing for me so I can discharge the battery and recondition it to see if it all fixes up.

cold weather murders batteries. esp if the surface the battery is on is really cold. such as concrete.

12.6 is a good floating voltage.

i wouldnt worry about it.

but doing the heavy draw and then recharge would be a good idea

I like you, but you don't seem like a big battery expert ;)

My 'stock' batteries rest at 12.7, and my AGM batteries rest at 13.15. So I have to disagree, 12.6v is not dismal, but it's far from great.

And a typical battery should rest at ~2.14v per cell when fully charged. That means that this battery should be sitting at 12.84v, not 12.6.

Archived