My XS D2400 rests at 12.6V

So you guys are suggesting that I run that recondition mode on my Ctek 7002?

I'll wait for Nathan's reply to my PM before I do it because AudioSaving's warranty is only 30 days.

You could try it. The desulfation cycle on most chargers just involves feeding it a high voltage (15+) at a low amp rate. Ideally, you would want a 1kHz desulfation device, which would be much more effective in breaking up any lead sulfate deposits :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll wait for Nathan's reply to my PM before I do it because AudioSaving's warranty is only 30 days.

Hopefully AudioSavings can extend that 30day free 2-way shipping replacement at 100% no cost thing for me so I can discharge the battery and recondition it to see if it all fixes up.

if the battery is defective and wont hold its charge thats where itll show up

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

You could try it. The desulfation cycle on most chargers just involves feeding it a high voltage (15+) at a low amp rate. Ideally, you would want a 1kHz desulfation device, which would be much more effective in breaking up any lead sulfate deposits :)

"Recond: This mode is specifically designed to recover deep discharged and flooded batteries using a constant current charge of 1.5 amps and a maximum voltage level of 15.7 volts."

Hmm. Wouldn't that 15V+ reduce the battery's life span? If so, I'd rather not do that. Where can I ge this 1kHz deslfation device for cheap?

Hopefully AudioSavings can extend that 30day free 2-way shipping replacement at 100% no cost thing for me so I can discharge the battery and recondition it to see if it all fixes up.

if the battery is defective and wont hold its charge thats where itll show up

So right now it's holding its charge at 12.6V so the batter is not defective? Or is it only holding that particular charge because some of the plates is damaged and can't hold a steady 13.1V?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Something like this?

Pretty much, you hook this up as well as the charger and leave it for some time. But before any of that happens, try a couple charge/discharge cycles.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35ba992c19

This is what I suggest to people Pretty much, you hook this up as well as the charger and leave it for some time http://www.ebay.com/itm/Everstart-Enersys-Exide-Battery-Desulfator-Desulphator-6-or-12-Volt-/230763867161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ba992c19

Wow that's a 4 week process.

I wonder what method armykyle1 used to recondition his battery.

Thanks again for all the help guys. I'm going to sleep now and will decide either tomorrow morning or night on what next steps I should take. I'm sure XS Power will have good suggestions for this.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your battery. I know you said you wanted to try charging it first, however, let me know if you're still having an issue. Ive only had one other issue with batteries, and Nathan has been quick at getting it resolved. I will contact him and have him take a look at this thread, and in the event it needs to be exchanged, he'll have it done quickly, as we are currently out of stock on them. Please let me know the email address/order number so I can have your info ready for Nathan. Thanks

Ram

:)

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your battery. I know you said you wanted to try charging it first, however, let me know if you're still having an issue. Ive only had one other issue with batteries, and Nathan has been quick at getting it resolved. I will contact him and have him take a look at this thread, and in the event it needs to be exchanged, he'll have it done quickly, as we are currently out of stock on them. Please let me know the email address/order number so I can have your info ready for Nathan. Thanks

Ram

I've sent you the PM. As for the update on the status of the D24000 resting voltage, it's now reading 12.5V since the 12.6V that I had over night.

If the battery is sitting at 12.6V out of the vehicle, then try to put a load on it like suggested above. Just put a draw on it and then charge it back up. The battery has a 3 year warranty on it, so don't worry about the warranty time. We will take care of you. Feel free to give us a call to get any instructions you may need or ask any questions.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Archived