My XS D2400 rests at 12.6V

If the battery is sitting at 12.6V out of the vehicle, then try to put a load on it like suggested above. Just put a draw on it and then charge it back up. The battery has a 3 year warranty on it, so don't worry about the warranty time. We will take care of you. Feel free to give us a call to get any instructions you may need or ask any questions.

The battery is sitting at 12.5V/12.6V inside the vehicle. I have not tried charging it and checking the resting voltage of it unhooked from the vehicle.

So right now must members are suggesting that I do a desulfation cycle.

My charger has a recondition mode but it does this:

"Recond: This mode is specifically designed to recover deep discharged and flooded batteries using a constant current charge of 1.5 amps and a maximum voltage level of 15.7 volts."

One member suggests that I use this:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35ba992c19

Nathan, will the battery be damaged if I use the recondition mode on my charger?

As for the update on my XP3000, I did a full charge over night and it's resting at 13.3V. I'll check that later tonight to see where it stays.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

put it on my smart charger for a day and did this :)

then smart charger again

So you're putting a massive load on the battery with the engine off?

Wouldn't doing it this method damage the subs and amp due to low voltage?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Can I dishcharge my battery by just turning on the defrost on to max and leave some lights on or will this damage the stuff in my car?

How low am I suppose to take the battery down to? Right now I've gotten it down to 12.3V resting

im pretty sure you can just turn your brights on in your car and go to bed.

or grab an amp that you dont care about, hook it up (NOT TO THE SUBS) and play like a 35hz test tone with the amp all the way up. (remember, an amp you dont care about just in case).

millions of people have left their lights on and came back with a dead batt. dont see why that would be an issue.

the lights would just dim and dim and dim until the batt dies.

this is just a suggestion/food for thought. i would still wait on an answer from nathan though.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

im pretty sure you can just turn your brights on in your car and go to bed.

or grab an amp that you dont care about, hook it up (NOT TO THE SUBS) and play like a 35hz test tone with the amp all the way up. (remember, an amp you dont care about just in case).

millions of people have left their lights on and came back with a dead batt. dont see why that would be an issue.

the lights would just dim and dim and dim until the batt dies.

this is just a suggestion/food for thought. i would still wait on an answer from nathan though.

I would have called him earlier but I was at work (2nd job that would always be busy and hard to get on the phone).

Anyhow, for now I'm going to just leave the lights on and defroster on and go take a shower and come back to see where it sits.

Note: I care about ALL of my amps.

Alright last night I discharged my battery by leaving the defroster on and all lights on for about 3 hours and then charged it over night.

XS D2400

Discharged to 11.8V.

Recharged 14hrs.

Removed charger @ 13.3V 2PM

13.0V @ 2:45PM

12.9V @ 3:00PM

12.8V @ 3:15PM

12.7V @ 4:30PM

I have to use my car now but it doesn't look like it's staying at the resting voltage that I'm seeking.

How many times do I have to drain the battery below 12V and recharge for it to get a good resting voltage of above 12.8V?

This is pretty sad because my 2 year old Yellow Top rests at 12.6V.

Your charger is only charging at 13.3?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Your charger is only charging at 13.3?

I beloved he mentioned before it charges at 14.5 and then floats at about 13.5.

Op, DO NOT use the desulfation mode. That will definitely damage your battery. If you can, try to maybe find a 100A load tester and drag your voltage down with that. It will take several cycles of charging and discharging to break up the sulfation and get the battery back up to a proper resting voltage.

^

it charges at 14.4-14.5v and float charge at 13.4 when fully charged. I've read somewhere that if I keep it on trickle charge for a week and it will learn to rest at a higher voltage.

I'm going to be running 5k Watt and just want my electricle to be perfect without having to add a 3rd battery.

Archived