My XS D2400 rests at 12.6V

Yeah I've already decided not to use that built in function because it sends over 15v to the battery which is not recommended by x's power. I'm going to google for that 100a load tester later this week.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be able to find those load testers locally at Meijer, Walmart, autozone, advance auto parts, o'reilly auto parts... one of then ought to have it and fairly cheap. Just call and see.

EDIT: Something like these:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Schumacher-100-Amps-load-6-Volt-and-50-Amps-load-12-Volt-batteries-battery-tester/_/N-25cl?itemIdentifier=567123_0_0_

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_100-Amp-Battery-Load-Tester-Schumacher_9200014-P_N3020_A%7CGRP2005_____

You should be able to find those load testers locally at Meijer, Walmart, autozone, advance auto parts, o'reilly auto parts... one of then ought to have it and fairly cheap. Just call and see.

EDIT: Something like these:

http://www.autozone....ier=567123_0_0_

http://shop.advancea...%7CGRP2005_____

Thanks.

I just bought the 'Schumacher BT-100 100 amp Battery Load Tester' from Amazon.

I really hope going through all of this will fix this battery.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• 3 weeks later...

An update coming soon :)

I'm discharging the d2400 completely for the 2nd time and going to recharge it fully and see where it rests at after 12 hrs.

It took me about 3 hours to discharge it to a resting volt below 12 with the 100A load tester (having to sit there and press the button for 10 secs and let go) and took over 7hrs to fully charge it into floating mode with Ctek 7002 the first time around.

So far it's looking good!

Well, here's a good way to put a 50-60a draw on the battery: all battery(s) from your car, hook the XS one up instead, flip your key to run and turn on fog lights, head lights, defroster, recirculate, and turn vents to max.

Lol. That's what I did initially but I had to use my car and it was a pain in the butt to swap the yellow top with the xsd2400 whenever I had to take off.

Anyhow, I'm talking to Amazon right now to see if I can just return the damn thing and get my refund.

Update:

My XS D2400 battery rests at 12.8V after 24hrs. Mission Accomplish!

I have a new question now.

I charged it back up to full and when I went to put it back into the car, the voltage dropped to 12.3V. Is this normal? My only guess to why it went to 12.6V in the first place was because something in my car is draining the battery overnight, but I could be wrong.

Damn, the xs d2400 still went to 12.6V overnight when hooked up to my car. I guess there really is something that's draining the batttery.

Oh well, atleast I know it rests at 12.8V outside of the car overtime.

Yeah dude, you have a parasitic drain somewhere

Archived