EXOContralto Shatters His Window With Bass!

Oh, I see what is going on now... Loudnlow posted that it was not from anything coming loose...That is not true.... He was NOT there when we found what was causing it at the shop we took it to. I knew that there was a contributing factor and even posted that on the pic I posted on facebook the day it happened. The part that holds the window in place came loose and was hitting the glass. So there is no reason for anyone to bash loudnlow, EXO or myself, that is really not cool. Let someone have their glory. The stereo did break a part loose and the stereo made that part vibrate on the window causing it to break, end of story. Does it matter if it was pressure or flexing that caused it???

If I offended anyone, I am sorry... this thread just went nuts lol!

Thats all anyone was trying to say rick. He just didnt get it and well made it worse.

I will argue your stripper pole logic though. another time and place though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh, I see what is going on now... Loudnlow posted that it was not from anything coming loose...That is not true.... He was NOT there when we found what was causing it at the shop we took it to. I knew that there was a contributing factor and even posted that on the pic I posted on facebook the day it happened. The part that holds the window in place came loose and was hitting the glass. So there is no reason for anyone to bash loudnlow, EXO or myself, that is really not cool. Let someone have their glory. The stereo did break a part loose and the stereo made that part vibrate on the window causing it to break, end of story. Does it matter if it was pressure or flexing that caused it???

I thought they said nothing in the door was broke? O_o My bad lol.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Everyone has said it had something to do with something coming lose. So people were even good enough to guess that it had to do with the window track.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

OK, let me explain the stripper pole logic... a roof can only flex up and down in the center paint where the WS meets it because it cannot flex forward and backward because of all the supports that hold the roof up, like the door jams. If it were flexing forward and backward, it would have to be flexing the roof support columns and if you ever seen a video of a car hitting something and it peels back the roof, but it does not bend the roof support columns back and forth. (Unless it shears through the supports) In that case, I seriously doubt the stereo could also.

We tried horizontal poles at Auto Sound Factory back when it was Explosive Sounds and still broke windshields, we NEVER broke a windshield with a vertical pole. Maybe we were doing it wrong... who knows...

He DID say NOTHING was broke, LOL! he was able to just snap that piece that came loose back in place...

Everyone has said it had something to do with something coming lose. So people were even good enough to guess that it had to do with the window track.

I agree, it is just one of those things that is hard to explain and technically it did not break the track, it just came loose and snapped back in place...

No matter how it happened, it still made me happy! LOL! (I know that sounds wrong since it is not my truck! LOL!)

OK, let me explain the stripper pole logic... a roof can only flex up and down in the center paint where the WS meets it because it cannot flex forward and backward because of all the supports that hold the roof up, like the door jams. If it were flexing forward and backward, it would have to be flexing the roof support columns and if you ever seen a video of a car hitting something and it peels back the roof, but it does not bend the roof support columns back and forth. (Unless it shears through the supports) In that case, I seriously doubt the stereo could also.

We tried horizontal poles at Auto Sound Factory back when it was Explosive Sounds and still broke windshields, we NEVER broke a windshield with a vertical pole. Maybe we were doing it wrong... who knows...

Experience > Theory.

I stand corrected.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Experience > Theory.

I stand corrected.

I guess there is no wrong way to mount a pole, don't get me wrong, the horizontal mount is still very effective. I just am pretty sure that if you have a horizontal pole and are still breaking glass that a vertical pole would more than likely be more effective.

I dunno. I see the flex go diagonally, so a diagonal pole to me made sense. I'm not doing 50s yet, so the the fuck do I know.

I am however playing 14 hz from a entry level RF 15 and 180 watts, enough to do a decent paper trick and move my garage door. I might be doing something right LOL

BTW last day to vote SOTM March!!!!

/threadjack

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived