Lincoln LS rebuild. 4 Fi SP4 15's 4 Sundown 2ks. *NUMBERS ON PAGE 4 03/26/2013

Whats up guys this build is going to be VERY VERY slow. First wall I'm doing by my self and don't have to much time to work on it.

Heres some pics of my old wall.

100_0725.jpg

Got pretty loud was touch over 54's on music.

With this last wall all the available space was not used at wall, didn't follow in for my car's contours or angles, was just a square shaped box that was build in the vehicle.

New wall is going to use every bit of space available, looking to squeeze about 24-26 cubes with the shell, from there I'll most likely do a 4th order with the 4 15's. Goal is to be doing the same numbers but about 10-15hz lower and a little personal goal is to break a 150 at 20hz outlaw mic on dash. I could only hope though.

Here's some small progress I've made so far. I AM OPEN TO IN SUGGESTIONS.

Floor pieces mocked up. Those 2 holes are for the access ports for my fuel pumps.

SAM_1036.jpg
SAM_1037.jpg

SCREWS
SAM_1039.jpg

Floor in permanently and back piece mocked up
SAM_1040.jpg
SAM_1041.jpg

Tried using my router to get a copy for the back angled piece. Router was acting on crack. So I scraped it and just used the circular saw.
SAM_1042.jpg

Angle to follow the angle of my seats
SAM_1044.jpg

SAM_1047.jpg
SAM_1048.jpg

With this piece. I didn't just want fiberglass holding the angles piece to the floor, or just screwing it in at an angle. Didn't feel like I would get enough contact surface, so I made this little piece to mount to the angled piece. Then that gave me a ton more surface area for glue to wood contact and screws. Plus I'll end up going over it with a few layers of glass anyways.

SAM_1049.jpg
SAM_1050.jpg
SAM_1051.jpg

Floor and back piece mounted together.

SAM_1052.jpg
SAM_1053.jpg

Well thats all I have for now. Gonna be working on it a little here and there. Im in no rush, plus all the down time inbetween lets me have time to think on how im going to do the next stages. I wan't this thing to be solid.

Got a bit more done lately.

Using that for a mounting point for my top back piece that I'll be mounting

SAM_1054.jpg

Secured to seat belt mounting points.

SAM_1055-1.jpg

SAM_1056.jpg

SAM_1057.jpg

SAM_1058.jpg

2x4s and great stuff on the roof. Using this as a platform to mount my roof to.

SAM_1063.jpg

Added small sheet of MDF to get it lower than sunroof rails. Thats what my actual roof will be screwed and glued into.

SAM_1064.jpg

SAM_1065.jpg

SAM_1066.jpg

SAM_1067.jpg

All lower side pieces cutout.

SAM_1068.jpg

SAM_1069.jpg

SAM_1070.jpg

SAM_1071.jpg

1 side mounted up

SAM_1072.jpg

SAM_1073.jpg

SAM_1075.jpg

Thats all for now. Will keep posting as I get more done.

Got alot done since last update. Still lots of work to do though.

Sorry didn't take enough pics got in work mode.

Shell is done though. On to the pics.

About 31 cubes where it sits. Thinking of adding 1 more layer to the sides making them 3 layers of mdf and 2x4 on the outside.

SAM_1108.jpg

SAM_1107.jpg

Still need to do the 2x4's on one side and 2x4's for the angled sides.

SAM_1105.jpg

SAM_1106.jpg

Damn, first wall was sexy as is. Keep the pics flowin, I need to see this finished.

Thanks man. This new one is almost twice the size of the old one. Old one performed very very good. Just want a little better low end extension with this new build.

Nice job bro, that's going to be awesome. Are u going to be changing subs or amps?

Thanks bro. And yes equipment will stay the same for now :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I have recently have done. All the sides are completely layered in 2x4's. Shell is extremely solid. Its barely fits in the car. In some areas you can't even squeeze a sheet of paper in-between the car and shelf itself. All that is left is glassing all the inner seams, a baffle, and some internal braces. Also changing up my sub setup this time around, going with 4 Crossfire XS V2 15's. So the DC's are up for sale.

Here are some pics.

Shell barely fits

SAM_1112.jpg

Tight fit

SAM_1113.jpg

Archived