Second Skin Audio

Box building question..

What is the best way to cut your circles when u dont have access to a router? How do u measure the proper hole and one last thing, how do u put the box together when u dont have access to those fancy gadgets I see on these threads? The ones that look like clamps.. Too expensive.. I can always have the wife hold the pcs together til it dries! Lol..(Jus playing)

a jig saw will get the job done. the specs should have the cutout diameter for the sub then use a tape measure/compass to map out the circle. and clamps aren't really expensive, but you do need a drill and some wood glue to keep it assembled

use a jigsaw, compass, and cut the circle into 8ths like a pizza, then just go at it one at a time.

use glue, weights and right angles to get your box started.

a pair of extra long clamps is all you really need. screws will also act like clamps and help until the glue dries.

here are some pics of a build i did once. hope this helps some.

20111121_223812.jpg

20111122_115528.jpg

20111122_132001.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

a jig saw will get the job done. the specs should have the cutout diameter for the sub then use a tape measure/compass to map out the circle. and clamps aren't really expensive, but you do need a drill and some wood glue to keep it assembled

Thanks Torres for the reply. I went to Home Depot and those clamps are like $20 bucks a pop! Too expensive for me since I wont be using them often. So glue first, then predrill then drill each panel at a time? Do I start off gluing the back to the bottom first then the sides or is there a specific order?

Awesome 412! You can get those right angles at home depot?

yup you can get them just about anywhere. since quality doesn't really matter just look for cheap. you can find smaller ones at wally world

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Home depot here I come! Lol.. What about the order? Any specific order to put this together? Also, do you HAVE to have a PC to load pics? Im only on mobile and would LOVE to start a build thread!

i usually just lay the bottom out then glue a side or the back on there, put a weight on it and leave it until the glue dries. then you can start building off of that.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

i usually just lay the bottom out then glue a side or the back on there, put a weight on it and leave it until the glue dries. then you can start building off of that.

Ok thanks a billion! Really helpfull!!

Thanks Torres for the reply. I went to Home Depot and those clamps are like $20 bucks a pop! Too expensive for me since I wont be using them often. So glue first, then predrill then drill each panel at a time? Do I start off gluing the back to the bottom first then the sides or is there a specific order?

oh wow yeah that's pricey. they have them at harbor freight for much much cheaper. but yeah i'd also start with the bottom piece, then the sides and the port then slap the top on. definitely predrill or you'll be splitting lots of wood